28 coaches online • Server time: 03:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the "play of the week" ?

Coaches could send in what they consider the most extraordinary play they have seen for a game that week. Could be a TD, intercept, GFI and die, whatever.

The editor could watch the replay to validate the play actually took place.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
A Letter's Page (Grum's Grumbles or similar) - a not-very-serious agony aunt column.

All I can think of is the advice columns on The Onion.

Some Poor Letter Writer wrote:
Dear Grum,
I just can't seem to win with my lizzies. Yes, there are 6 STR 4 sauri there, but they never seem to advance and my skinks die too quickly. What on earth am I supposed to do?
Sad 'n' Scaly in Sasketoon Saskatchewan

Dear Scaly,
You kids these days always seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Back in my day we never won any games. The 1st edition rules made sure that the best that either team could do was tie. Maybe! We didn't get these skills that you seem so attached to and all our stats were 2s. In fact, the board was 18 squares to a half so it woulda taken 9 turns just to score. And there were only 6 turns in a half! When I see the way...etc... etc...

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In the spirit of pro-wrestling, I think there should be a challenge section. Non-mandatory of course, only honour is lost if you don't accept. Coach X challenges Coach Y to a match, with Team A vs Team B. Hopefully, along with the challenge there would be a fair amount of smack talk.
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the quiz section idea... and btw, the answer to the one TD question is of course since you can score a one turn TD with move 8. Cool
 Jump to: