70 coaches online • Server time: 20:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkewolfe

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, boyz. I'm getting ready to run a league for the first time, and was wondering if anyone could pitch in any help. For instance, I'm a bit concerned about the number of games to allow per week. There have been many complaints raised by some of the more intense players that 1 game a week just isn't enough. (The league will be based out of a Games Workshop battle bunker, so there's plenty of players around.) Some people have called for 4, but that just seems too intense, some teams will be major high teams before long, while the more relaxed players will be left in the dust. I also need to know what people think of the revised league rules vs. the official ones. I like the inducements, but some changes make me leary. (Fouling is different, and what's up with the nerf to the jump up skill?)

I figured I'd start the season out with a one day tournament, something with barely any reward, like 2 extra fan factor to the winner, so that it doesn't start the season out unbalanced. Anyone got any comments?
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Try the vault rules, they are brilliant. Games are much more balanced and much more fun.

Our league has now played 150 vault games, and all the coaches prefer it vastly over LRB.
Darkewolfe

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Which ones are the vault rules? Are you referring to LRB1.9?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 1.9 ? Man that's old, isn't it? He's referring to these rules. The PBBL rulebook 1.9. I don't know if that' what you meant since we're currently using the LRB 4.0 Razz

Good luck with the tourney.
Darkewolfe

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that... ;P I prefer those rules, since they put a little more emphasis on the idea of actually scoring, which is why one of the guys who'd be in our league has flat out said he WON'T play if I use those rules. He's the sort who rarely bothers to score at all, but is just as satisfied with crippling your team so you won't do well in the playoffs.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You can tell him that playtesting suggests that there will in fact not be less injuries. If anything at all it seems there will be an increase in injuries. That's just what I've heard, anyway.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, let him not play then. Will it really hurt your league that much?

Just one thing please: don't make any idiotic house rules. Nothing ruins a league faster than house rules. Every coach thinks they know something the rest of us and GW doesn't, and their idea will vastly improve the game somehow.

Can you imagine if every armchair quarterback was allowed to change NFL rules? It's annoying enough going to a pool hall and having to guess which stupid non-regulation rules that particular group of cretins will insist you adhere to, usually for pathetically non-thought-out reasons :/

Use the straight PBBL 1.10 rule book IMHO. Wave of the future that thing is.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't thinking of any house rules, aside from stuff not addressed in the rulebook, like how many games per week someone can play, how often you can play a given opponent, etc.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play with the vault rules and use an ageing houserule just to spite Corporateslave3 Wink
 Jump to: