87 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
megafreak666

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, what's the general amount that people will play up around here? I mean how many points is pretty standard to give up...or does it just depend?

I'm really new to the game still. My first game I pitted my rookie chaos squad versus a human team with TR 135.
Was that that typical, amibitious, or foolhardy?

Got off with no permanent damage, but it was rough to watch.
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Foolhardy - it's a combination of TR, team STR, and skill matchups. I would guess people try and stay within 10 points of each (with exceptions of course). Of course you would rarely see Zons playing dwarves so matter what the TR diff.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes you might go as high as +15 depending on type eg (rookie Dark elves vs Dwarfs (tackle doesnt do much to DE linemen with no skills)with 1 game)
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I pay more attention to fumbbl strength than TR, and generally won't challenge any team that isn't at least equal to my strength (occasionally I might challenge a few points below) . Generally, I look for 5 to 15 points above my strength. I will usually check the roster first as well and use that as the main guide as to whether the game should be easy, challenging or pointless.
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My fast and loose rule is 10% plus or minus of team Str. Of course if some low Str person challenged me I won't refuse.
 Jump to: