26 coaches online • Server time: 13:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested in the tournament described in this post?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Maybe with the changes I'm about to post...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

oeuftete

Post 22 Posted: Sep 26, 2003 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Would anyone be interested in a tournament/league specifically for orphaned tournament teams? By "orphaned", I mean teams in the [T] division that have participated in a past league or tournament which has now ended, and thus have nowhere to play.

I think the reason for this is obvious... just to let coaches continue to play teams in the [T] divison that they started to develop, that no longer have an opportunity to use, but that they still would like to play.

Here's my first cut at its specs. One cycle of the league would consist of 1 to N small divisions (4 or 6 teams) that run concurrently, then have a small knockout tournament involving the top two teams from each division. Any [T] team (probably limited to open and divX races) could apply, regardless of TR. Teams would be assigned randomly to divisions, or maybe assigned based on coaches' time zones. This might mean that you get some big mismatches, but that's life. Better than not having any way to play the team at all, IMO. Worst case, your team gets bludgeoned into oblivion, and you have to retire it at the end of the league phase.

Vote in the poll if you're interested (or not), and/or post. Thanks.
 Jump to: