50 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChangoLoco

Post 22 Posted: Sep 27, 2003 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a team that I'm not having any fun playing. They only have a few games in, they're really beat up, and I can't try another race while they're taking up a slot. I can't figure out how to retire the team, and I'm not sure if that's the best idea or not. I was wondering if someone could either tell me how to a retire a team, or tell me where I can look that up at. Also, if anyone out there would care to weigh in on the pros and cons of team retirement, that would be much appreciated.
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2003 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

you find the "retire team"-button at the bottom of the teamĀ“s page, right between the roster and the "transfer to..."-buttons.
regarding pros and cons of retirement ask someone a little more experienced than me. do you what to try a whole new race or do you want to try the same race but in a new team? in my opinion, if you are going for a new team but same race, play a couple of more games with your bad team to learn how that team works. when you think you got the lineup and tactics right, then start over with a fresh team.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2003 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The cons of retiring the team are:

1) Your a wimpy coach who gives up when the going gets tough
2) You lose any right to calling yourself a blood bowl boach giving up
3) I am liable to take the piss out of you and call you a wimpy pansy fool who shouldn't be in charge of a blood bowl team
4) You lose that team name and can't use it again
5) It shows that you like giving up and you can't hack lifes problems and are probably going to end up all sad and alone, sitting in the corner of your room rocking back and forth and dribbling.
6) You can never use that team again
7) By giving up on a team you won't learn some valuable lessons on how to play when your back is up against it and there are lessons to be learned in long term team management that you will miss out on
Cool You lose any bragging rights for playing a team through a differcult patch and not giving up

I could go on but thats enough for now ;]

As for and good things I can only think of one and that is you free up a team slot, but is that really worth it in the scheme of things.
iasoncook

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You could always transfer the team to either "division x" or "tournament division". That would free up an "open" slot...
krazykanuck

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

or just play 5 games...
leviathan

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you could retire them, make a new team and start enjoying the game again. Pretty obvious choice I would have thought.
 Jump to: