18 coaches online • Server time: 06:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I chose switch to Mac but I am having problems. The web browser (explorer 5.2 for mac) does not display my overview page properly (it seems that this is the only web page it occurs on, although there are very minor errors with other fumbbl pages). Almost all of the links to my teams are displayed well above the top of the browser window and I can't scroll up to them. I have tried playing with all the browser settings that I thought might effect it without any luck. I have also tried switching between the various fumbbl themes. I was hoping that someone might be able to help me.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, changing system just because you cannot see properly a couple of web pages!!!

I hope you already had a mac, or did you buy it on purpose?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried Apple's browser Safari? I have been using it and have not noticed any problems with the fumbbl site.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, IE 5 does that. No clue why....

Fortunately, you have options.

I personally use Camino for pretty much everything.

Mozilla is all open source goodness and includes mail and news and all that stuff.
Also, if you look a little further down on the left of that page, you'll see Firebird, which is just the browser part and is rather nice.

Apple's own Safari is actually pretty nice as well and way way way faster than IE. It does require OS 10.2 minimum, however. The other should run on 10.1.x.

All of these are nice and easy to install and set up and it is always good to have more than one browser in case of something like what happens on FUMBBL in IE Mac. It's just something odd with the style sheets and there's no way for Christer to fix it without potentially breaking it for everyone else, so we few (we lucky few, we band of... oh, you get the point) can work around it.

Also, be sure to check out the User Guide for IRC suggestions if you would like to try something other than the web-based chat.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac OS X sure does beat the pants off all things microsoft. I have tried to download safari from the auto update site several times now but the download fails within the first few seconds. I'll try the other options. Thanks for the advice. You guys are champs.
madzit

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem and followed the advice of Bad Mr Mojo a couple of months ago by switching to Camino. It's a miles better browser than IE.

A friend of mine uses a Mac running 10.1, and he uses Netscape and swears by it.

Neither produces the same wierdness that IE manages to produce on this site and no other.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

(Just wait until he discovers tabs. Smile )

Jump to: