63 coaches online • Server time: 23:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing around with photoshop and thought why there aint nice icons available
and my thought was that the main prob with Niks icons are that you are not familiar
with them and cannot see what they are. So, my solution would be
http://www.claymountain.com/~peikko/bb/
Also for skijunkie theres still this little bugfix that I would like to see, in linux you still
dont get to see that ball-icon drawed so icons are pretty useless....
dawe

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

WOAA!!
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You should finish a complete set of your icons. I'd be willing put them anyones icons up as a download if they are a complete set, and I have the room.

As for the icons on linux. I don't have access to a linux box, so it is a little hard to fix bugs specifically for linux. I have no clue why drawing a transparent icon on top of a transparent icon does not work in linux. So when a player is prone or stunned do you get the white slash or the white X? My guess is you do since no one has mentioned it before. Now why in the heck would drawing that particular icon on top of the normal icon work and drawing the ball icon on top does not.

Maybe someone out there can volunteer to help out under linux?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2003 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Those icons are awesome Peikko!!! Should finish the set so we can all enjoy them!

~There's something out there and it ain't no man! We're all gonna die!
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2003 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the clever use of background colour to determine position; it's a throw-back to the 2nd ed. days, were the miniatures had base-rings coloured to determine their position.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2003 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@SkiJunkie

I can try to help you finding the Bug for the Linux client. I am not a Linux pro but I can work with it. I am also a Java Programmer and so I think theres a good chance to hunt down this bug.

I am flying over to the GW BB Tourney on Thursday so I could start next week trying to help you.

@Peikko
Your Icons are great. I think it would be a good idea to remove the bases from all players (like you did with the big guys). The idea behind it: you could make the minis a little bit bigger
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2003 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Current set is now on my page http://www.claymountain.com/~peikko/bb/ to get these working on your machine, you need to unpack the zip to jbb/pics/icons/ and move the icons.ini then to jbb/

However the set is still incomplete and I ask for you to inform me if you have/know any good pics about the missing char types that could make nice icons.

And yes, currently there is only set for red team, so in network game only your team will
actually use the icons. Blue team icons will be added later.

----
UPDATE; The current icons have now also icons for the blue player, the diference is
that most of them has flipped horizontally and they have _green_ edge (not blue cause
blue is used on throwers.
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2003 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The set is pretty close to have every player now. In the page http://www.claymountain.com/~peikko/bb/ you will find icons that are in. All of showing icons have counterparts in blue team too. The final goal is that blue set will not have just horizontaly flipped but whole different icons so when playing vs same race theres no worries. Also I like the idea of max variation of same positions as it is now best shown in amazon icons (made from shadowforge figs)
 Jump to: