66 coaches online • Server time: 22:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way... the only way I know of for stopping a one-turn scorer without being able to hurt them first is to set up your defensive lines near your Touch line, out of range of any of his players except his One turn scorer.
That way, nobody gets to blitz a person of yours to cinch in your line, the runner has to make several dodge rolls at least.

Also, if you have a full line up - 11 players on the field and don't want to leave so many players at the back, you can put your players two deep - IN LINE AND ADJACENT WITH EACH OTHER - so even if he blitzes one of your players, there is still a shared TZ from the guy behind. This tactic means a few less dodge rolls for the runner, but if you're feeling lucky, or have a lot of people with Tackle, go nuts!
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2003 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually teams with one turners have a couple somewhat equally fast players - i.e. tactic one means they can have a chance to punch a hole with the one turner itself. Or they just beat up your few guys at the front and wait for the rest to come forward to make a gap. #2 is a bit more useful I'd say, but still easy enough to run through.

Best Defence against a one turner still is perfect defence or a blitz Smile.
Abel

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2003 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

My take on the dwarf/ bashy team strategy is the man to man offence. The aim is easy, players lying down or in the injury box can't blits your ball handler. To this end I often leave a lone ball handler, preferably str 4, sure hands and blodge Smile downfield, slowly trotting forwards as the rest of your men force the opposing team slowly backwards.

In military tactics a few basic principles exist, make sure to be tactically stronger, conserve the freedom of movement in order to exploit weaknesses among others. In other words: have more and stronger players where it is important (i.e. where the ball is) than your opponent, and don't bind your whole squad up in a fist fight, but keep a strong and preferrably fast reserve.

When playing elves and skaven you need to use your superior speed to always threat the opponent ball handler, but also to create safe zones where your own ballhandlser is safe from being sacked. With all teams I use the corridor strategy, usually close to the sideline. You can also form an inverted wedge behing enemy lines to prevent him from sacking your scorer.

Looking forward to play you!
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like using a wedge formation B B B
L L
L T L
Then as they try and get in behind you fan out.

B
---------B T B---------

L---L L---L
/ \
But i guess that it still counts as a cage!
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa!! that didnt seem to work:-)........I'll just shut up now
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail mary pass is an alternative for dwarfs. Back away with the boll carrier (and protect him) as you run deep into the opponents zone with 5-6 players. When the oppotunity arises throw the ball into the crowd.

Assuming your protecting longbears have guard you don't need to worry about strip-ballers as your runner has sure hands.

More risky then the traditional cage but it has the nice bonus of forcing your opponent to place his players next to your forwards to stop them from catching the ball which means he'll give you free blocks to throw.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP works better in a race that has easier access to AG skills. Diving Catch on several receivers means actual connections (not completions since the pass is inaccurate) with HMP. This is the main offensive scheme for my snotling team. It really spreads out the field with a very difficult choice of committing to the passer or the catchers. Unless I get a big case of the dropsies, I can have the ball in hand in my end zone and safely thrown before any pass rusher makes it to me. Since most of the trolls go with the receivers, the usually inflict vast amounts of pain on any players who try to stop the catchers. I favor this over TTM for this roster, since it involves less rolls.

Admittedly, it wouldn't work so well against faster teams (skink), that could rush the passer more effectively.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
HMP works better in a race that has easier access to AG skills. Diving Catch on several receivers means actual connections

You do know that diving catch only works for the player that was the original intended target, right? This is implemented properly in the client, isn't it?

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I do and yes it does. My implication was sending three guys with DC downfield means one of them might actually survive and get open. They are snotlings after all, did i forget to mention that? Wink
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, just wanted to be clear so people didn't start loading up on DC thinking it worked differently, it wasn't quite clear what you meant in the post.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: