58 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So, when looking for a game, I try to find another team within about +/-10 points, both TR AND SR, of my own.

Sometimes though, I see that TR and SR can be rather different. And looking up the SR calculation, it seems more accurate.

So, when looking for games should you really only focus on the SR score? Or should you consider both?
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Its down to personal preference. Instead of asking these questions on the forum try two options first.
1) If its like a yes or no question try the chatroom
2) If ur not satisfied try searching for a related thread.
In the forums history there have been many issues raised in fact a discussion on this particular thing was caried out quite recently.
I answer to ur question I tend to lok at STR most closely but always take into account the TR.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want the most accurate prediction of how a match will go, look at the potential opponent's roster first. You can usually tell whether the team has played a gazillion matches and simply got roughed up or has an overinflated TR due to extra players sitting in the dugout.

Also, you can easily see if the other coach is actually interested in playing ball (ie: takes some actual ball handling skills) or Mordheim with Squares®™ (ie: No skills except block, tackle, MB, PO, Claw, RSC, etc...) and make your decision accordingly.

That said, I am lazy and just usually go by TS. <generalization class="broad">Frequently a low TS/TR ratio is either one or more missing players OR a purely bashing team while a higher TS/TR usually means a more ball-oriented team.</generalization> Just an observation (which will probably be jumped upon as being false).

Jump to: