55 coaches online • Server time: 23:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brickbat

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an Idea I was mulling over Razz

Fumbbl sportsman of the month!, you know those players that when even the dice are against them, they don't foul and weather their bad luck with a joke and smile, make it a good natured game and above all, don't take it all TOO seriously.

I mean come on we've all had those games or that bad streak when everything and I mean everything goes wrong from pitch invasions to stone throwing to 5 doubles 1's ina row.

It would be nice for those good sportsman/women out their to be appreciated Wink

cuz many a player folds under ther cloud of bad luck and concedes but just a brave few weather the storm with a smile and a friendly curse just to pick themselves up again a soldier on, telling themselves it's rough patch things can only get better!

So how about it. An Award along with the championship for the best sport of the month.
veron

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been brought up before and in your post one of the main problems that was seen then, well it's there again. You (and many others) see fouling as an unsportsmanlike conduct from the coach. But see, just as many don't, it's just a tactic like any other tactic (nevermind those 2nd half T8 fouls, not talking about those here). (Note: please don't start another foul-or-not-to-foul flame thread here, there's already one like 100 pages long). But the main point is, what is sportsmanlike, and what is not? Who can tell?

Also, I can't really see how this could be implemented other than creating a voting system. For example, when you upload the game result, you at the same time have the opportunity to vote for your opponent's sportsmanship. This would be neat, but would mean kinda lot of work, and I'm not sure would it be worth it all in the end.
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you Veron.... It really wouldn't be worth it.

Jump to: