33 coaches online • Server time: 02:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

dr_scitt wrote:
Player Awards
I like the player awards as they add some nice fluff to the teams. The only thing I dislike is that most of them only seem to be applicable to the final which increases the GL point gap between tournament winners and the rest. With the extra stats provided in the match reports (rush, pass) it should be easy to get stats for players to give non-final awards. Just ask people to submit award candidates if needed.

These were mostly planned by the previous league main organiser, Tyrant. Look forward to GGB season 1 player awards; they are applicable to all teams, as were the Dawn of Blood Contest Trophies.

One idea would be to allow any team to get the player trophies in somke tournies and in the others, instead of "best XXX in the final", I'd rather go with "best XXX in the playoffs". That would give an equal chance to all top teams to earn the trophy, regardless of final ranking.

Glad you brought this up. Smile

dr_scitt wrote:
Team numbers
If the number of race slots is being increased to 8 it would be nice to see the number of teams per coach increase to 3. This may be just me as I have 2 higher TR teams and don't want to retire either! Very Happy. However with a fair few drop-outs having more teams available to regular coaches may not be a bad thing (3 should leave plenty of new coaches to pick from).

I have already thought about this. The main things for 2 teams per coach are:

1.)There are still many coaches wishing to join but the slots are already full. If people were allowed three teams per coach, there would not be room for any new coaches even if we would increase to 8 slots per race.

2.) We won't be running more than two tournaments at a time. Too much work for the main organiser to handle that with team replacements and whatnot. I have a life of my own besides GL, you know? Razz So the third team would practically do nothing.

3.) Drop-outs. If a coach suddenly becomes inactive, having to suddenly replace two teams per coach is way enough. Not to mention three. Sheesh.

4.) If you got ample time in your hands, GL is not the only BB league, neither the only BB league online, neither the only BB online league on FUMBBL. You are free to participate in other tournies, as after making 2 GL teams you have still 13 Unranked slots remaining.

5.) You can always retire one of your season one teams and start afresh with some other race - if only to avoid repetitiveness.

dr_scitt wrote:
P.S. I intend to get around to that Grudge League records/stats page, just been pretty busy lately.

You should rather use a parser script, Java applet or any other program which automatically records & updates all the stuff than manual work.

It's rather easily done, if you know coding stuff...we just need someone to do it. *glances around*

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
personally I think u should do some weighting towards st diff or something, cuz all wins aint equal Smile

As per LRB, there is no such thing as "Team Strength". For Grudge League purposes, such a value does not exist and can be safely ignored.

In my opinion, the formula is too friggin' complicated to be of any use league-wise. Sure, it might help you see the "relative toughness" of two teams for a single match (what Ranked and Open league are meant for) because TS ignores miss next game -players. However, in the long run Team Strength is not really useful. Even though it has been updated and enhaced, there are still several "flaws" or unbalances to it (especially race-wise). Search the forums for more info on the subject.

Basically, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. This is a mandatory formula used by every frikkin' single sports league IRL. You don't get any extra points for beating the top team, even if you got poor odds. You don't get less points for beating the crappiest team out there. "Fantasy football" refers to sports. IMO a football league should principally work like a football league; one should not be punished for creating a winning team. Instead, that's where your aim should be: build as high TR, full-roster, million treasury team with huge Fan Factor, lots of assistant coaches and cheerleaders. Defeat the opposition. Be the master. Hoard the treasury, never waste a single cold piece. That's how IRL sports economics works. Why should BB be any different, I'm asking you?

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

soren72 wrote:
8 teams Personally I think it's too many. I like to play some of the same coaches/teams so you actually get to know peaople... and begin GRUDGES Twisted Evil

As it is, we have ssen many coaches come and go but those who stay will definitely become familiar - in the league chat, in the tournaments and so on. If you've got two teams in GL, you might not familiarise yourself with all the the GL teams but you will definitely face the same coach multiple times per season - often with different teams, creating more variety. We must not forget the guys who want to play with a single team only: the slots are full atm and we have a good reputation. Lotsa guys definitely wanna join us. As we just got some more deadline coords, why not allow them to? ^^

For this "getting to know each other" or "having grudges towards one another" stuff: all league members should join #grudgeleague and have nice chat sessions. Simple as that, really.

soren72 wrote:
Hometown Heroes Might want to increase TR limit. Not sure about the time zone/country thing. Won't it demand a lot of work? and make things less random?

Reasons for low TR limit mentioned above. However, TR 110- is just an idea and will prolly change before it is time to begin the tourney.

Yes, the tourney will be "less random" but you should think different: if you win, you can claim to be "the best GL coach of region X" instead of "best GL coach who aprticipated in tournament X". It's partly a honor/reputation issue, not to mention the grudges and intense atmosphere the tourney will msot likely create. Wink

Besides, I've found out that different geographical areas have different approaches to Blood Bowl. Meeting more of your kind for a change is a nice idea. If you are from an EWlf-bowling country, you get to enjoy lotsa TDs. If you are from a T16 fouling country, you get to bash without having regrets or being whined at. Sounds good, now doesn't it?

soren72 wrote:
Racial Championships Excellent idea!
Tourney format Less KO is a good idea if it's a big league. Which Grudge League has become by now. The original design was for fewer teams.
Headhunts Great idea. Will help keep the TR's down.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad to hear I'm obviously going in the right direction with the changes and additions. Smile

soren72 wrote:
Scoring System Points look good to me. Will hopefully make coaches risk a little more to win and make more spectacualr plays.

-exactly where the change has been aimed at.

soren72 wrote:
Player Awards Dr_scitt is on to something. Why not make 2 or 3 awards for each tourney, none of them being awarded in the finale, but for performance in the entire tourney. Like in the first tourney. Will make it possible to compete in differet ways for GL points.

-as I said above, some will most likely be "any team" and the rest will be "any team in the playoffs", with an occasional "final only" player award fitted in for fluff purposes.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
Have you made any plans of moving the group to a new group page once seasen 2 starts? or will we just stay on the same group page?

Same old group page (referring to the URL address), although the visual appearance might change.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcement #1:

The Little Grudge Bowl TR limit has been changed so that all TR 110 and below teams are allowed to join it.
However, Great grudge Bowl will have more rounds than LGB = you will get more group points, SPPs and money if you join the GGB instead.

Announcement #2: (also sent as a group PM)
There is not much time left to sign up for the Great Grudge Bowl! Great grudge Bowl is the biggest tournament in team amount in the whole season one. It is the second-last tournament of season one and if your team is TR 121 or above, this is the only tournament you can apply for. Otherwise you\'ll have to wait for the GGB to finish (will take a few months) to get any Grudge League games played. For TR 120 and below teams, as well as stunties and those coaches who have two teams in the league, there is the Little Grudge Bowl. LGB sign-up will open after GGB tournament begins.

To sign up for the Great Grudge Bowl, apply your team here:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2897

The tournament will be created & played in the normal Grudge League group page. However, when the tournament begins, all the sign-up teams will also be approved into the sign-up page to be able to send group PMs only to the participants of GGB. Do not leave the fake group page with your team or you won\'t receive the deadline information into your site PMs.

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %13, %2005 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Drud

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcement:

Points for the Tribal 'Eadsplitta Cup has been updated for all 4 rounds of both divisions.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
Announcement:

Points for the Tribal 'Eadsplitta Cup has been updated for all 4 rounds of both divisions.

These scores have now been added to the group points. For the two finalists, their earlier round scores have been added.

Congratulations to Soren72, the first coach to reach 100 GL points! And still going into the Eadsplitta final to earn some more! Smile

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now corrected some misinformation in this thread.

Little Grudge Bowl was originally meant for coaches' secondary teams only. However, as that many new teams have joined the league, I have allowed the LGB to be joined with any TR 120 and below team (coaches who have got only one team in the league) or with your secondary team, if its TR is 150 or below (coaches who have got two teams in the league). If you have two teams and their TR is roughly equal, you can choose which tourney to join with each team. Remember that more GL points, money and SPPs are gained in the GGB.

I will open up the LGB sign-up page as soon as possible.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Little Grudge Bowl sign-up is now open!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2924

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now created a "dummy group page" for sending Grudge League staff member PMs. Currently, the page holds no other purpose. I have invited one team from all staff members to join the group.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Grudge league group page has been tuned, cleaned, polished, greased, oiled & de-spammed.
Check it out:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2190

New rule:
There is no longer a minimum FF limit for TR 100 teams willing to join the Grudge League.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Grudge Bowl is now a GO. More info in GGB tourney thread as well as group PM.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Some training camps were cut off from the group page by moving the last unplayed match into the Swiss round. This way the games will take up less visible space.

Drud

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Some training camps were cut off from the group page by moving the last unplayed match into the Swiss round. This way the games will take up less visible space.

THANK YOU! Very Happy
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

As the remaining training rounds and the single Swiss training round matches were not progressing anywhere, they have now been deleted permanently.

About time.

Jump to: