22 coaches online • Server time: 07:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Psycho

Post 23 Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Im new here, so I am sure I will be flamed for posting this, but here goes. I have played stand alone against some of my friends and I thought I would give online shot. So in my FIRST game, my opponent fumbles the ball on the his goal line right beside a pair of my wights. I pick up the ball on my turn and score. Low and behold, my opponent and host (Shabash) closes down the game. I catch him on chat, explain he still has a turn left, and he reloads the game. Again, I pick up the ball and score. Again, he closes the game down. I catch again on chat, explain he has a turn left, and again I pick up the ball and score. This time I fail to pick up the ball and he suddenly remembers he has a turn left and finishes the game and posting a loss for me. I am posting this here because no admins were on chat or at least none that would answer and I needed to vent it. Is this how online Blood Bowl is played? If so, I guess I should just stick to the boardgame. Mad
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

no psycho if this is true you got hoodwinked sorry

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i wont speak of you or your opponent. First, welcome to Fumbbl, it s a great league, and i rarely (if ever) met someone here who cheated. As for waht happened in your game, well can t tell, the best thing to do in this case is to pm an admin, and wait for him to reply.

If you flame someone here, in public, you ll be flamed yourself ..

Have fun.

Nd
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Psycho - the rules here are if either of you disconnects you replay the current turm to mimic what actually happened before the disconnect. In your case, your TD should have counted no matter what.

A bit late, but hope it helps

Post 23 Posted: Aug 23, 2003 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That is an unfortunate first game for you. Please don't judge everyone here by one bad coach. I will gladly play a fair and honest game if we can ever catch up to each other, and I hope your foe never finds games, or rolls many many ones when he cons someone into playing him.
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2003 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty despicable play; I've only rarely heard of such tactics, and never experienced it myself so far as I recall. I strongly suggest you read the rules in the Help/FAQ section regarding disconnecting games. Also, report this to an Admin - they can take it further and punish the offending coach. It may help if you provide evidence - I think that the log files are overwritten when you reconnect a game, so I'm afraid you probably have none Sad
A good BB coach takes heart and soldiers on; welcome to FUMBBL, I promise it can only improve from here Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2003 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Goto your overview page and use the pm admin button. The admins keep a spreadsheet of complaints against coaches. They have a system of punishment that is taken care of discreetly and imo very well done. Posting on these public forums about a coach is frowned upon by the admins because they do not want head hunts to start. It takes a bit of trust to know that justified retribution will be doled out to the deserving but when you realize how much the admins care about this site and the community you will then know that they will do all they can to keep these type of things from happening. On a personal note keep a list of coaches who you won't play just keep in privately.
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2003 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I wish you luck, and if you are around looking for a good and faily matched game, odds are you wont find it here.

Sorry, Patton_71, I have to strongly disagree...In my experience, almost everyone has played fair and I think Psychos 1st game is by far the exception rather than the rule. Stick it out Psycho and you'll find good people to play against.
Pulpo_Fiction

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same trouble with shabash... he's really an unfair player. I hope everyone that had this problem with that coach post to an admin, it's the only way to keep those kind of people out. Thx byez
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I play the way, that when I disconnect and my turn has to be reloaded, that I donĀ“t use my blitz as a kind of punishment and I ask my opponent to do the same, if he has an advantage from reloading. Most of them agree...
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2003 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty new here myself, and actually had an opponent disconnect after a run of bad luck recently too...

I found him online about 20 min later. His cable connection had conked out. He agreed to replay the part of the turn that had gone badly for him, and was completely fair and above board about the whole thing. And he ended up wiping the floor with me. Wink

I have to say that this kind of good [EDIT] sportsmenship [/EDIT] is the kind of thing I've found at fumbbl, so IMHO, the type of play you seem to have run into is an anomaly.

Last edited by swilhelm73 on %b %11, %2003 - %04:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Jared

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

dont judge all on the basis of one; may fortune favour you later

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:
*snip*
I have to say that this kind of good gamesmenship is the kind of thing I've found at fumbbl, so IMHO, the type of play you seem to have run into is an anomaly.

Just to clarify something for you...gamesmanship is the opposite of sportsmanship
Bazz

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you got the rotten apple in the lot Psycho, sorry to hear about that !!!! Hope we can play a fair game with you soon.
 Jump to: