18 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MoXoW

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't view the entire field while playing, only the top left section. The bottom three or so rows are cut off, and the entire right team doesn't display. Is there any way to resize the field so I can view the entire thing, or is there at least a way to scroll across?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Additionally, when trying to use the chat (Javachat) I always recieve this message:

Connecting...
Logging in...
-- *** Looking up your hostname
-- *** Checking Ident
-- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
Your username is invalid.
Connect with your real username, in lowercase.
If your mail address were foo@bar.com, your username would be foo.
Error : Closing Link: MoXoW by irc.fumbbl.com (USER: Bad username)

and when trying to enter the normal chat... It just never lets me enter (it refuses to load the page).

All solutions welcome.

Last edited by MoXoW on %b %06, %2005 - %17:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You can select the small field option in your options menu, though it's a bit too small to my liking. Try it out for yourself (you need to go through a kickoff sequence - on an offline game - before it saves the options).

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to set up games with several different people, but nobody seems to respond to my PM's about games, and I don't know how to enter either chat successfully.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: useless post.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

People usually don't use PMs to set up games because it's the slow and cumbersome way to do it. I suggest you install a chat program that can connect to irc. I'm using Chatzilla which is a plugin for the FireFox browser, but MIRC is a popular client it seems. Try some of them, and configure them to connect to irc.fumbbl.com. It's not that hard to do.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. I got my chat working, and I played my first game. thanks for your help everybody. a mod can close this any time they want.
Spazzfist

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MoXoW wrote:
Alright. I got my chat working, and I played my first game. thanks for your help everybody. a mod can close this any time they want.

No! Please don't! I was having exactly the same problem - with the screeen being cut off, now I can fix that!
Spazzfist

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit - sorry it posted twice

Last edited by Spazzfist on %b %26, %2005 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Spazzfist

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
You can select the small field option in your options menu, though it's a bit too small to my liking. Try it out for yourself (you need to go through a kickoff sequence - on an offline game - before it saves the options).

Is there a way to scroll through the field? Or is a small field the only option for people who cannot fit the whole thing on their screen?

Spazz
nin

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried changing the screen's resolution... I used to forget that sometimes, correct is 1024x768.
Spazzfist

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone just clued me into that! That is definitely the way to go! Have a great screen now, no problems.
Queek

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem i new and games aret working for me just an odd sceen pops up saying lots of random stuff Sad
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

That's hard, but I think we need more information before being able to help you.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

May want to try some of the above....

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure you have the correct version of Java, I had similar problems when I first started. The user guide tells you to DL one part of Java but there is another plug in or some such thing that you have to have also. I found it in one of the forum topics, I will see if I can find it again. Shocked

Edit: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
That is what I had to DL to get mine to work. Not saying it will fix yours but it fixed mine and is probably worth a try. Shocked
 Jump to: