16 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverborn

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I am just wondering if it would be possible to give more power to the people who run tournaments? Seeing as teams cant leave T after they are put there, i dont see why we cant allow the people who run tourneys to give prizes for their competitions and change the rules for post match things like concessions.

Obviously it would take some work, but i dont see why, in principle, it can't be done. People will say it is open to abuse, but only by the person who runs a tourney, and if they cheat then people just wont play in their competitions!

Some things i would like to see:
Allowing semi final and grandfinal income modifiers for relevant games
Allow changes to the penalties for concessions
Enable coaches to choose from a variety of prizes for the teams that win the various competitions, some examples would be stat increases, mvps and obviously money. (this would allow running leagues like SWL to benefit teams that win the tourney in the next season.

Anyone else have ideas about the kinds of things we would like the commish of your tourney to have?
m0nty

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A pony.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea !! Maybe an extra random MVP.

Div T teams are worthless outside their own league anyway so even if it WAS abused (ie - $1MM treasury) what good would it do them?

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I'd be looking for is to see if the "Quitting Coach" problem could be resolved by "swapping" a different coach in their place.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still for blacklisting quitting coaches.....If a valid reason was given for quitting i suppose an admin might be able to relieve them of the blicklisting butit's far too annoying when coaches quit.
 Jump to: