22 coaches online • Server time: 07:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the loss of our beloved Magic Helmet there is now no way of increasing your AV. This seems like a shame since it is now the only unadjustable stat. However it seems strange that each and every player of the same type has exactly the same AV (fluff-wise). So what are peoples opinions on the suggestion of allowing a choice between +AG and +AV on a skill roll of an 11? (maybe with restrictions e.g. cannot take the AV higher than 10). I prsonally think it'd be a fair trade off seeing as it's also the only roll that cannot be made on a double and is therefore useless if you already have +2AG (not that this is common of course). I'm not suggesting FUMMBL make this change before I get flamed by overzealous bandwagon occupants. But if this were considered a good plan maybe people could try it in their own home tourneys and maybe i might transfer the suggestion to TalkBloodBowl.com where it might get seen by someone important. Smile (not to offend those people here who think that they're important because of course you are *Jugular pats them on the head*).
fly

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i want all the special play cards from deathzone, i've no clue why they were abolished
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Spikes adds +1 to a players AV.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So if you knew that post doesn't fit here, then why'd you even post?
Seems like a cwot for everyone concerned. That's 2 minutes of my life I want back.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It does fit here. It's still the best online League and therefore has the best community and therefore they are the perfect people to gain feedback from just cause the BBRC don't realise that yet, its not my fault!!
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Davosaurus wrote:
Spikes adds +1 to a players AV.

But what of those teams that can´t get physical abilities?
vigil

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Then they can't get +AV. Or claw. Or Big Hand. Or Very Long Legs. That's what having physical is all about. *shrugs*
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
It does fit here. It's still the best online League and therefore has the best community and therefore they are the perfect people to gain feedback from just cause the BBRC don't realise that yet, its not my fault!!

Sucking up to fumbbl coaches and dissing the BBRC doesn't make you right, sorry. Ever stop to think that there is a reason we don't talk about that stuff here? Because tbb's purpose is to handle it. fumbbl's purpose is to play matches. Improving the site and the client are pursuant to that. Changing the rules is not. People who are interested in ideas and rule changes probably post at tbb also and there really is no need to get the discussion going in two places.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Calm Psiko, im afraid that your just wastin peoples time making them read more threads. He can post here to have it discussed though it is better to post ideas where they are meant to.

<and he can suck up all he wants>

Clementus, Monkey of the Moot

Flings Rule!
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You might see the magic helmet resurface in a future handicap table. that's about the only way i see it coming back.
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

vigil wrote:
Then they can't get +AV. Or claw. Or Big Hand. Or Very Long Legs. That's what having physical is all about. *shrugs*

I think that´s kind of Jugular´s point.
Why should only certain races be able to raise their AV?
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry to add to this thread but i just wanted to put the idea out there of giving armor bonuses to the norse and amazon. in my opinion this is good because they can now survive more but it also makes them kinda powerful because there disadvantage is there low armor. just thought id throw that idea out there. and if you like using things like magic helmets just play in real life leagues with your friends and use the old cards. thats what i do and its tons of fun.
Moekel

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

no
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Moekel wrote:
no
I like this answer! No crap, just an answer.. not very detailed, but still.. Rolling Eyes
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

AV literally represents the amount of armour a player is wearing. This is why it can't be increased through an skill other than physically growing natural armour or through magical means (magic helmet).

Which poses the queston, why don't Blood Bowl players wear more armour, padding etc? because it will slow or hinder them, look at a human catcher and lineman, the lineman wears more armou and so is slower and a bit tougher, the catcher wears little armour and can move much fatser.

The players "toughness" is included as part of their strength value and therefore a +str is enough to iprove this. Armour is literally the amount of armour the player wears or has naturally. 7=next to nothing, 8= moderately armoured 9=trash can, 10=anvil.