12 coaches online • Server time: 06:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone have any idea how the client handles Mutation graphics and zombies?

I played a game where I killed someone and got a zombie (an ogre) and for the rest of the game he looked like an ogre... next game he was a weedy little zombie again.

I was just wondering if I should go ahead and make race zombies and mutation icons or not.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

afaik, the client doesn't handle either of them with anything special ... though that would be pretty cool Very Happy

People *can* put in their own mutation icons for specific players (there was a post a while back that explained how to edit the icons.ini file), but mostly, i don't think they would get used.

great icons btw - i'll have to give them a go Very Happy

coffindodger

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't think you could turn a Big Guy into a zombie...

BFN

Paul
Zupa-Kino

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

coffindodger wrote:
Didn't think you could turn a Big Guy into a zombie...

Ogres in Ogre team have the "big guy" trait removed, so that they can use re-rolls... which also makes them susceptible to becoming zombies Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Skijunkie's client did.

His name is 'Garknan Bloodvortex' and he was killed ont he first play of the game against some Ogres. Smile

So I am unsure what the rules allow when it comes to zombieification.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

eveything non-stunty, non-big guy gets made into a zombie if killed for an undead team.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! thats my ogre!
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ya, it looks for big and stunty skills to determine if they can be zombified. The new ogre team breaks this since they removed the big guy trait from the players.

While in game the new zombie will retain the original icon (just opposite color red->blue and vice versa). I though since it is a brand new zombie it hasn't started rotting yet and it really eggs on the opponent seeing his former player on the other team. Smile

Once that game is over it is just a regular zombie. It would probably be a lot of work for fumbbl to track zombie originations and keep them on the roster somehow.

Mutations on the other hand can easily be determined by skill. So it is a possiblily of the client choosing an icon based on mutation skills.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

While it would be cool fluff-wise to keep your zombies as their original player icons, it seems like it could get really confusing for opposing coaches.
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't thinking original player icon, just a generic zombie representing the race... Maybe making the position name like ZOMBIEORC or something when on the roster. Maybe something in the skill area like a DWARF who is zombied has ''Dwarf' as a skill to denote his race.

Then maybe in icons.ini there can be a line for each team type that can be zombied with an appropriate icon.

ZOMBIEAMAZON = uzombie1.gif
ZOMBIEORC = uzombie1.gif
ZOMBIEDWARF = uzombie1.gif

and so on.

Mutations could be reasonably easy, just add a line for each mutation. I would consider doing this if it was easy, I can see a benifit in mutations.

I wasn't sure what the client supported or if there was any point in looking into it since it is just graphical fun stuff.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

nkelsch wrote:

I've done it the hard way with my zombie team.
The icons I think were supplied in a monster download with over 600 icons I found at Pat's website. Then I just have the lines looking like this in icons.ini stating that the fourth and ninth players on the roster should have different icons.

zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie4
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie1
zombie=uzombie7
zombie=uzombie1

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
While it would be cool fluff-wise to keep your zombies as their original player icons, it seems like it could get really confusing for opposing coaches.

Many coaches do the fluff theirselves and use a custom player image, which shows the players former race and position.

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

SkiJunkie wrote:
ya, it looks for big and stunty skills to determine if they can be zombified. The new ogre team breaks this since they removed the big guy trait from the players.

While in game the new zombie will retain the original icon (just opposite color red->blue and vice versa). I though since it is a brand new zombie it hasn't started rotting yet and it really eggs on the opponent seeing his former player on the other team. Smile

Once that game is over it is just a regular zombie. It would probably be a lot of work for fumbbl to track zombie originations and keep them on the roster somehow.

Mutations on the other hand can easily be determined by skill. So it is a possiblily of the client choosing an icon based on mutation skills.

Just wondering.... I see the portraits are loaded from a 17 column table in the roster HTML... is it possible to do the same for icons, thinking it would require a fair bit of work hehe. You could upload the icons to FUMBBL then the roster downloads them if the corresponding checkbox is checked (like the portrais)

Not going to bully anyone into anything though! If sometime you had some time down the line and wanted to do something, this could be a good idea!
 Jump to: