44 coaches online • Server time: 13:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The debut season of the Axis & Allies competition is underway! Post any taunts, insults, boasts and general smack talk here!

Join us in #axis_allies on Afternet (the same network #fumbbl is hosted on) to talk to A&A players.

Last edited by m0nty on Sep 13, 2003 - 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

(Amazon and a Kroxigor walk in)
Krox:Karsigh garh naght hasssh tir, gassh tirs bluaks
Ama:What obsidian says is that the Lustrian nations are by far superior which will be demonstrated

The Rumble from the Jungle intend to be in the forefront of the campaign of Lustrian dominance and we know our fellow nationals will reinforce this

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Hax

Post 21 Posted: Sep 14, 2003 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

did you notice, that all german speaking coaches made Vampire-Teams ?
maybe we all watched too much "nosferatu" with klaus kinski... Laughing
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2003 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The vampire team is not competitive... end of story:

If you don't believe me.
tarzom

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies from Mully and myself for holding up the death league - we've been having difficulties arranging a suitable time for both of us to play due to the time difference and various work and 'real life' commitments.

We have arranged to play this coming Sunday at 15.00 GMT so tune in if you want to watch. Normal progress should be resumed after this.

Cheers, Tarzom.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have created a new prize to aim for within the existing Axis & Allies structure, called the Patriot's Pennant. The scoring rules are explained in full on the group page - in summary, it's a reward for the most kills of players from your opposing race type (i.e. if you're an Allies team, you have to kill Axis players to score, and vice versa). Even though wings' Eastern Blight team has more RIPs than anyone else, he's not holding the pennant at the moment because 3 of his 4 kills have been of Axis players, for which you lose points.

At the moment holding this pennant gives you nothing more than the envy and respect of your opponents, although some way down the track there might be further rewards.
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mordachai wrote :

The vampire team is not competitive... end of story:

I don't agree with this blanket statement. However, I would agree that in THIS tournament they are not competitive. They don't match up well with Old World, Chaos Pact, Khemri, or Necro. I think they would do fine vs human, orc, norse, elves, but you won't find any of them in A&A.

My advice to Vamp coaches .... just keep plugging away.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Vampire teams are competitive in this environment either, even if I like them in regular play. So what about exchanging the Vampire teams for regular undead in future seasons?

Just a thought...
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires may not be good at the start, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, they rule at higher TRs. My guess is that if the vamp teams stick it out for a season or two, they will start to dominate the competition. It will be interesting to see if that proves correct.
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think this will be the case in this environment. A vampire team need thralls with staying power to be any good and I can't see that happening when you have at least one dead or niggled thrall per game. After a while you will have to choose between:
a) suffering a TO and lose a vamp due to OFAB
b) risking a serious injury on a good thrall
this happening while the opponents strong players (like Mummies with block, MB and PO or Minotaurs with Block, Frenzy, RSC) mangles your other thralls. When you have to spend all your winnings on replacing thralls you won't get very far.

It isn't that hard to take a vamp to dug out either... one of the above mentioned players will have no problem KO'ing a vamp... or worse.

If I wanted a team that has it's golden days after one or two seasons (or about 10-15 games) there is other choices that I feel is more viable. *cough*Chaos*cough*

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, the league section of Axis & Allies season I is now officially over. The League awards are as follows:

Death League I
Winning team: Rottingdamned Hotspurs (tarzom)
Most TDs: 7 - Little Red, Werewolf for Rottingdamned Hotspurs (tarzom)
Most passes: 6 - Long Bomb, Human Thrower for BC (Dr_Drake)
Most casualties: 5 - Harry Palmer, Werewolf for Rottingdamned Hotspurs (tarzom)
MVP: 34SPPs - Little Red, Werewolf for Rottingdamned Hotspurs (tarzom)

Trauma League I
Winning Team: Stargate Punchers (harley_topper)
Most TDs: 8 - Wonderer, Wardancer for Great Old Wonders (SirSlappy)
Most passes: 6 - equal winners are Lars the adventurer, Norse Thrower for Jungle Bells (Vicious_koala) and Neger Kalle, Vampire for Kinder der Nacht (chefnekromant)
Most casualties: 5 - joint winners are Jander, Werewolf for Undeath of LTT! (AloneAndBurned) and Turnovero, Minotaur for Pack Tactics (Cederlund)
MVP: 28SPPs - Wonderer, Wardancer for Great Old Wonders (SirSlappy)

Lesion League I
Winning Team: Super Smash Bros. Melee (AvatarDM)
Most TDs: 5 - Ischnissik, Gutter Runner for Olympic Karak-Khâdrîn (Djed)
Most passes: 4 - Countess Lissbeth, Vampire for Suckulent Brigade (Mordachai)
Most casualties: 6 - Marth, Mummy for Super Smash Bros. Melee (AvatarDM)
MVP: 17SPPs - equal winners are Ischnissik, Gutter Runner for Olympic Karak-Khâdrîn (Djed) and Marth, Mummy for Super Smash Bros. Melee (AvatarDM)

Scratch League I
Winning Team: Moonbeams (oeuftete)
Most TDs: 4 - equal winners are Summer Bramble, Werewolf for Moonbeams (oeuftete) and Chernyakhovsky, Gutter Runner for Red Storm Rising (Indûr)
Most passes: 5 - Otto von Bismarck, Human Thrower for Goody Two-Shoes (golroc)
Most casualties: 6 - equal winners are Lord Rending, Mummy for Eastern Blight (wings) and Summer Bramble, Werewolf for Moonbeams (oeuftete)
MVP: 24SPPs - Summer Bramble, Werewolf for Moonbeams (oeuftete)

Overall for League Season I

Most TDs: 8 - Wonderer, Wardancer for Great Old Wonders (SirSlappy)
Most passes: 6 - equal winners are Long Bomb, Human Thrower for BC (Dr_Drake), Lars the adventurer, Norse Thrower for Jungle Bells (Vicious_koala) and Neger Kalle, Vampire for Kinder der Nacht (chefnekromant)
Most casualties: 6 - equal winners are Marth, Mummy for Super Smash Bros. Melee (AvatarDM), Lord Rending, Mummy for Eastern Blight (wings) and Summer Bramble, Werewolf for Moonbeams (oeuftete)
MVP: 34SPPs - Little Red, Werewolf for Rottingdamned Hotspurs (tarzom)
 Jump to: