29 coaches online • Server time: 13:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jmac

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2003 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

/rant on

I really hate it when you finish a match and your oppoent decides not to upload the result. he tells you "going to sleep, no time to do it, i'll take care of it when i wake up", then days later it's still not uploaded and the admins say they can't do anything becuase they don't have his approval..

it's fricking frustrating when you can play your team becuase of some lazy arse person...

/rant off
wadedidit

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2003 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a time frame for reporting matches. Sleep is no excuse!!

Wade
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2003 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Not uploading is like abandoning a game and should be treated accordingly. I think a deadline of 12 or even 24 hours is in order, since there could be upload problems other than the coach needing sleep.

Perox.
darkersun

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2003 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there seems to be a few people that likes to just bail from an on-going game with or without conceding and then won't upload. It's really frustrating and I'll agree there should be a timelimit on uploads. If just one result file of two is uploaded that one stands after a certain amount of time. Off course this would be a problem if you had problems accessing the site like last week, but still I think it could work.
It should also be possible to do it if just Christer agrees it's a good idea and he gets time to implement it.

Just my 2ยข

/Darkersun
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2003 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There are several problems with all of those suggestions, and it comes down to Honesty.

Not everyone has the scruples in which would be required for one player reporting to get pushed through.

I ussually try and report it as soon as I can, but often unforeseen difficulties will prevent me from reporting a match (although I have never used the "going to bed" excuse, most often it is a site problem) and while I try and do it as soon as possible I may not be able to get to my computer for a couple of days.

I think the current system, in which you tell an admin that they have taken a long time and the admin deals with it, is feasible. If the admin sees a recurring problem with a player reporting then the can deal out any reprimmands needed.

Asperon Thorn
harchunk

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if you sit down and play your match regardless if you win or lose and then upload your results, then you should get credit for it. Regardless if your opp. does the same. Why should someone suffer because an IDIOT is a crybaby and doesnt want to upload or gives you some bullshit reason in why they cant finish a match. Smile
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Honesty can be a big problem, there were several occasions where when I had a clear lukcy break (blitz, hurting an important player, etc.) where the connection all of a sudden kinda failed and we had to reload to a point before my lucky break. Though I can not prove anything, and I am not accusing anyone, I think it's rather strange that the times that a disconnect occurs seem often to cooincide with me getting a lucky break Confused . Am I just paranoid or do other coaches experience this phenomenon as well?

Perox.
harchunk

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand stuff happens but i think that if you upload a result you should get to keep it regardless.
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Perox that happens to me all the time. Specially when I kill other people's players and stuff like that. But i can't do anything about it.... I think what would work best it is that when an opponent gets "disconeccted" is that the program automaticly saves the game at that point. I think that would be a great improvement for the program.

my 2cents,

now we have 4cents total

Vamps Group
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, if you have to to play, you have TIME to UPLOAD. Just common courtesy and respect. I would never want to be labelled or blacklisted as a coach who "disconnects after my opponent wins a PI" or uploads the next day b/c I was pissed I got waxed. But, when you play people who you dont know personally, different countries, cultures and languages, there are bound to be problems. All you can control are you r own actions and let the Admins or Mods know about the actions of others if they are a problem or concern.
GreenHulk

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see the program include something that would save the game point when there is a disconnect. This would solve the problem of people disconnecting because of an important player dying or to get a better result on their actions or their opponents actions. Now the thing is, is it possible to do this with the program without loads of more programming.

Honesty is also a problem here and I just can't see any reason why a person can't take the time to upload if they had time to play. Heh...."I have to go to sleep, do it tommorrow" that is B.S. I do, though, understand that sometimes people have problems with their PC's legitimately and that's to be expected. My internet connection, for example, seems to get disconnected between 11pm - 2am regularly for what reason I have no idea. So I simpathize.

I personally haven't had many problems lately with people dropping games as I've added every person who has done it to me in the past to my ignore list if it seemed odd or they seemed as dodgey people.

Anyway that's my thoughts.

~Hulk
 Jump to: