32 coaches online • Server time: 08:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Daragor

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently played a game where my opponent referred that new 'measures' were being brought in and that I had to authenticate my team before playing. This was done by clicking on the fumbbl log-in box after clicking options on the bloodbowl setup panel. I've played teams after that who had not authenticated their teams but not had any problems uploading their results etc. Is this procedure becoming compulsory or can we just start a game as normal.

Any ideas please. Thanks in advance
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I too would like a definitive answer. One day last week I heard Christer recommend that we use it, and since then I ended up in an argument with Grum because apparently now we are not supposed to use it. I'm guessing all the code is not yet in place, and it won't hurt anything to use it to get used to it, but a definitve andswer from Christer about the current state of event would be best.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like one too :p

i am lead to believe its not fully functional yet so don't use it until you see a news post saying otherwise

and from mr klipp:

<Mr-Klipp> it logs you in just fine, and will tell you if the other guy is not logged in, but things are not all done for it so it should be off

so turn it off!
Troy_Spiral

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2003 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

a guy i just played told me "start using it , as its going to be standard soon"

Not that he was correct. Just a comment on what the expectation of player(s?) seems to be Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2003 - 16:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

At this point in time, all FUMBBL login does is to make sure your opponent is who he says he is and makes sure that people are using the correct roster.

However, the site does not require it to be enabled for you to be able to upload results... yet.

We are eventually going to start to do this and there is no harm in enabling it for games you play now. Apart from the two features above, this will allow us to help with abandoned games (making it impossible to start games with teams that are involved in some other game already) and it will also make the "games" page better with more info and functioning for games not played over the proxy server.

I've been dodging the official answer to the question on purpose. The thing is, as I start to work on these features you might not be able to start games properly. And it might even temporarily block off your team from games. So at this point I don't want to tell everyone to run it set to on. On the other hand it won't hurt to have a few people who play with it on so that I can see if things are working - particularly the client-side implementation. There might be problems with the login process for instance.

As for the site-side code, I will most likely ask people to help me out testing it when the time for that comes.

I hope to get around to start the development on these things soon so that we can switch to this more secure system soon.
odi

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2003 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds great, it would help with those oppos who have very bad network problems while losing. Not that I've run into many lately. But a login being used in the client, will propably help, since the number of users is growing all the time. So the admins might actually have time to play also.

Thanks for a great site
Odi
 Jump to: