66 coaches online • Server time: 23:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yes Christer authorised the prize and it is a real prize.

Please do not use any GW style icon or logo.

feedback welcome
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Define real in this case. Real as in real life? Or real as in a real benefit for one of our teams
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The article says something about "up to and including a stat increase on one of your players" or something... anyways, my question is: what do you mean by "logo", a big picture like a splash screen (hence the 400*400 size) or a small logo like this one: Image ?

Ok, it may not matter that much since if one just made a big one it could be rescaled, but some things are just not fit for being rescaled, small details fx...
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

10x8 or 8x10 inches at 100-300 DPI

MixX is right up to and including a stat increase on one of your players could be money for a team maybe a new blitzer whatever.

Last edited by cusi on Nov 04, 2003 - 07:23; edited 1 time in total
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the original article :

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=6&page=19
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2003 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote that article and it was approved by Christer, so it's legitimate. As to your questions...

The prize is real, but it would most likely have to conform to normal team building rules, e.g. you can't just add +ST to your player on top of your other skills without first earning the SPPs needed for the next skill level, so the prize will not be "instant +ST", it would be more like "guaranteed 6+6 on next skill roll". All details to be finalised by Christer.

On the logo, your submission will need to be a maximum of 400 pixels in either dimension, but that size is only for display purposes in the competition. You won't need to worry about resolution or picture quality so much, because the intention is to turn the JPG into a vector-based file format (TIFF, EPS etc) for use in an infinite variety of different sizes. This is why it was specified that complex pictures are out, because they are hard to vectorise. If you have your own AI, EPS or TIFF file with all vector-based graphics (no bitmaps) as well as the submitted JPG, that would add greatly to your chances of winning (because it would mean less work for us!). I would suggest using Adobe Illustrator to create your logo submission.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if anyone needs a hand with image formats, you have no shortage of people to ask. Post any questions here and some helpful soul will surely smile down upon you.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromantic=Wight Club

... although the first rule is we don't talk about it

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my first attempt. I don't know if this is where we are supposed to post these or not. I can alter it if need be, in case there are some errors in it.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

no you need more skulls... Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So here's a question (brought up by redskins). Do we submit logos here or is there another location. There's no mention of where or how to submit in the article, as far as I can see.

Just in case this is the place, here's my:
- submission (4k .gif)
- small design sample (21k .jpg)
- large uncompressed design sample (120k .png)
- outlined vector .eps (186k .eps)

Also, is it limited to one entry per coach? (Yes, I really want my favorite 31 SPP lineelf resurrected that badly)

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

posting them here in the forum is just fine or you can email them to Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 21:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The entires are not limited to one per coach. You may submit as many as you want.

Redskins311: Your logo is using bitmaps that are hard to scale (the texture in the letters) and the dice icons are more than likely copyrighted. Both these points make your chances of "winning" much lower. The usage of non-original artwork disqualifies your entry entirely.
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

how long before you choose the winner?

oh, and why the "no copyright" part? Very Happy (since the entire site is in violation of copyright laws anyway as far as I know, I'm no expert so I might be wrong though)...

Note that I think it's fine, since (and maybe that's why?) it would be a shame if this was a "find-a-cool-pic" contest instead of a creative contest!!

Last edited by MixX on Nov 06, 2003 - 22:38; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The entires are not limited to one per coach. You may submit as many as you want.

Oh yeah... Bailey shall live again! Wink

Jump to: