18 coaches online • Server time: 04:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NastyOgre

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2003 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Question Had a strange bug, played to the 2nd half of a game and It wouldn't setup the teams after the half. Seemed to be completeding the Ko Rolls. Really slowly. Then Stopped. We Tried reloading the game 7 times. Same problem. We resarted the game entrirely. After my opponent scored. Same problem. Any Ideas?
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2003 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No clue. I'd need to see the .dat files and the .log files to maybe see what was going on.
Jeoranu

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to have the same problem. My comp crashes after score and halftime. ive managed to finish some games anyway but its really annoying.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like the problem some people are having on WinXP (and some on Win 2000). Some installs of Win XP do not like java for some reason. One person had his problem solved by putting a new network card in his computer. Apparently the old network card didn't have completely compatible drivers for XP.

Direct X may also be a source of this problem with JRE 1.4.01.

So, there are two things you can try with direct x.

1) Go to your graphics direct x setting and disable hardware acceleraton. You may have to reboot before the changes take affect. Then try java bbowl and see if you are still having the problem.

2) Run the java application from a command line or a shortcut with the following switch:
"-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true"
Thus the entire command line would look something like this:
"javaw.exe -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar bbowl.jar"

NOTE: It is unknown if this problem is fixed in JRE 1.4.02.
 Jump to: