73 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calador

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Moxy wrote:
Yeah server is slow enough. You are allowed 8 teams in the various leagues. So quit your bitching OK.

Later
Moxy

If the reasons for having 3 teams in Open League is the server-capacity, then it's a perfectly valid reason for me, but what then when we get the new server online ? It can surely handle the extra teams.

So far there has been some interesting views on this subject (although I'd still love a comment from Christer). I'm not sure I like the idea about adding new slots when a team gets to TR200... This is unbalanced IMO. Some teams simply get more SPP's than others. I would much more favour going after number of games played with a team. This could be... after 15 games (in 15 games, most teams are very likely to have broken the TR200 barrier if they haven't gotten themselves slaughtered). It also shouldn't allow people to get a new slot for each team that reaches that barrier.... Only up to, perhaps 5 Open Teams...
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure how difficult it is to manage and how it affects server performance, but what about creating a high TR devision? Coaches could transfer their tr200+ teams to that division, and if a team loses tr to go under 200, it gets bumped down to the open league again... or something like that.
I don't know if that would appeal to people, but I think I would like to try and get my teams to this "high" league, but it might not be feasable as far as programming it, and server performance.

tgrozow
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be easy to do code wise, but there would be a number of issues that would have to be considered. For example: You have three teams in Open and your All Star(or whatever) league team drops below the minimum, what then? Do you lose an open team? The dropping team? Lots of other stuff to consider, but from a coding standpoint it would not be difficult, assuming a good case could be presented for it and everyone else likes the idea.

The Finishing Touch
UglyToy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

What i meant to say in my previous posts (although i didnt explain myself very well and only just thought about this) is that people like to be competitive. Phew, there you go...

Thats probably why DivX isnt doing so well, its not particularly competitive, except when theres a tournament, then there was a big boost in DivX playing as everyone wanted to get ready for the tournament and then compete.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 4 or 5 open teams would be nice.

DivX teams do not include stunty? Sure it is just about impossible to get a game in DivX... it can be fairly difficult to get a game in stunty leeg with a TR over 125.

Does anyone know why the average of games played per team is less than 3??? (less than 12,000 games and something like 4500 teams.)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but look at the number of teams that were created and then never played. Also, with the large influx of new people, there are a lot of teams that haven't been around too long.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DivX is warming up. Look at the stats, we are getting more that twice as many DivX games a day since ranking was activated.

The Finishing Touch
Calador

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is one of the main reasons why I am not a big fan of DivX :

10 Amazon
9 Chaos
10 Chaos Dwarf
11 Dark Elf
14 Dwarf
6 Goblin
5 Halfling
3 High Elf
8 Human
49 Khemri
10 Lizardmen
36 Necromantic
6 Norse
59 Nurgle's Rotters
63 Ogre
8 Orc
18 Skaven
7 Undead
62 Vampire
5 Wood Elf

This is the status of how many teams of each race we have in DivX (at the time of writing).
20 different races, 5 experimental races, yet the experimental races make up for 2/3's of the teams.
Now we've added another DivX-slot to each coach, but that doesn't help much. We have 791 coaches, 399 DivX teams and 1996 Open League teams. These numbers tell me that more DivX slots are not needed, but Open League slots are pretty much more in demand.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

That's to be expected. Up until a couple of days ago the only real reason to play in DivX was to try out one of the new teams, so as you can imagine, that is what there mainly was in there. Now that DivX has become ranked, many of the newer teams starting there have been traditional teams. I would not be at all suprised to see those statistics take a shift rather quickly.

The Finishing Touch
Calador

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only speak for myself, but I don't care much about coach-rating. I play to have fun, not to see my name high on a ranking list.
It might be that a lot of people would switch to DivX, but I simply believe there are too manhy basher-teams in that league.
Korkrest

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

after reading Caladors post im now sure why i dont play DiVx, only basher teams, nothing else. I play bloodbowl to experience it all, not just one side of the show. oh, and one of the woodelf teams are mine, havent played em yet, and prolly wont either Razz
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2003 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Korkrest wrote:
after reading Caladors post im now sure why i dont play DiVx, only basher teams, nothing else. I play bloodbowl to experience it all, not just one side of the show. oh, and one of the woodelf teams are mine, havent played em yet, and prolly wont either Razz
Catch me in chat, and I'll play 'em with my 'zons. We'll have an anti-DivX match. Smile

Thanks to Klipp (I'm assuming he was our DivX Champion... at the very least, our spokesman), there have been some big changes there very recently. Before you start quoting percentages, give it a week or two to get going. Then take a look.

Jump to: