52 coaches online • Server time: 21:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Read my post a few messages up. It's a reasonable idea, but it's not the way it works and FUMBBL and JavaBBowl follow the rules as closely as possible. As Mezir said, it's a fine house rule, but it still a house rule and not in this house. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course we follow the LRB, just an idea and thought about crowd pushing.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

We don't use any house rules, only what is actually in the LRB.

The Finishing Touch
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ummmm Bulls**t. you dont make standfirm optional. and there are several other things that are not quite right according to the LFB.
Dragoonkin

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, OFFICIALLY they don't make any house rules. But unfortunately they're forced to abide by the limitations of SkiJunkie's client. Which does an otherwise excellent job, but can't do everything perfectly yet. (Remember when it didn't do chainpushes properly? Some of you young'uns don't.) IE, it's not FUMBBL deciding that Stand Firm isn't optional, it's just that making Stand Firm optional isn't WRITTEN INTO THE CLIENT.

I'm sure once SkiJunkie gets around to it, it will be in there just fine. As it stands, it's not that big a deal.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

IvanTheCow wrote:
ummmm Bulls**t. you dont make standfirm optional. and there are several other things that are not quite right according to the LFB.

*We* only go be the LRB. However, *we* don't program the client, and can only follow the LRB rules as far as they are supported by the client. This is already near 99% correct, and gets closer and closer to full compliance with each release, but to complain that we don't follow the LRB rules shows your lack of understanding of the situation

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My reading of the LRB makes me different than most since I happen to think that you should not count push injuries toward the FF bonus. The LRB does say that it is for 2+ team casualties, and since those injuries aren't by the team nor are they considered CS for the team then they should not count for FF. If this is a client issue like the stand firm argument above, so be it. Last time I mentioned it in a thread like this, no one ever addressed the point.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever checked it to make sure it actually is counting them? I've always wondered exactly which casualties counted for that role in the client, before we even get into the debate of which ones are supposed to count.

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have not checked, I was simply respectfully disagreeing with people whose word I trusted. Smile What BMM said earlier made it sound as if they were counted.
pseudo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As i understood it, casualties affecting FF roll were basically counted from the amount of casualties the other team suffered. Take into account the original table-top as well. This brings rather large amount of other variables. Don't forget that there is also fluff reasons for the FF roll. Just imagine the crowd throws a rock, invades the pitch, etc, etc. What about apothecaries? These injuries still occur, and with the crowd acting like "five-year-old football hooligans", any maiming, killing that occurs regularly at games played by your teams is likely to influence a larger following of fans to your games....
I do, however agree that the PLAYER doesn't deserve the Cas points, as the crowd DOES inflict the injury, not the player him(her)self
ftjust

Post 10 Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

if your stupid enough to get one the sideline, or putting yourself in that position so that i can with some aid push you out i will!
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you still consider it okay if I chainpush one of your players in a push out position turn 8 2nd half, ftjust? Smile

-Mnemon
ScrewBall

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say if you are really worried about players being pushed out into the crowd or if you like to run down the line or camping the end zone plays then make sure the players you have doing this take skills like Side Step or Stand Firm. Otherwise take it like an Orc and quit crying. 95% of the time you put the player in that position so you deal with it. The 5% of the time you get chain pushed into the crowd, well if you don't have stand firm or side step then get up and take a risk and try and dodge out the way, otherwise leave him on the ground. There are always ways to stop people pushing you out, use them and quit whining. If your really sick of it, gang tackle the frenzies, put the boot in, do whatever you have to do.
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

why wouldnt th ff go up for a push cas?
the crowd LOVES getting those souvenir elf heads to take home 8?(