54 coaches online • Server time: 15:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2003 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Can the client please be persuaded that saving the game at the half, and when a TD is scored, is A Good Thing? Pretty please? Smile
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I added that once and Pandora came over and bonked me on the head repeatedly until I removed it. The save only works at the very beginning of a turn, when nothing has been done. This means all that messy info about a team turn being used, who has moved, who lost a tackle zone, who used dodge already doesn't need to be saved. At kickoff the problem is finding this exact point because of the kickoff table results. Without the kickoff table it would be easier, but then whole ball scattering is another problem.
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm probably missing something. What's stopping a save at the setup phase of a kickoff? Ie directly after a TD has been scored, but before anyone has been put on the pitch, before any kickoff results? All you'd need is the turn information, who was setting up first, rerolls for each team, and... I can't think of anything else? Oh, who's injured, and how, and the SPP traces.

The save currently only works at the beginning of the server's turn - is it meant to work at the beginning of each and every turn, or just the server's?
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I'm probably missing something. What's stopping a save at the setup phase of a kickoff? Ie directly after a TD has been scored, but before anyone has been put on the pitch, before any kickoff results? All you'd need is the turn information, who was setting up first, rerolls for each team, and... I can't think of anything else? Oh, who's injured, and how, and the SPP traces.

That would require a whole new load game process. I just haven't had time to make one.

Quote:

The save currently only works at the beginning of the server's turn - is it meant to work at the beginning of each and every turn, or just the server's?

Really? It should work for each turn. It should be that if you load a game where the client should have the next turn (aside from a kickoff turn), then the game should load and the client should get the first turn. That isn't working?
 Jump to: