55 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Well? Are you friend with the dices?
The gods love me!
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Average luck
51%
 51%  [ 71 ]
I'm all skulls!
33%
 33%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 139

HunterX

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I consider myself neutral. I either have insanely good luck, or insanely bad luck.

Exactly my experience also. Its like a cycle with me. I'd be ridiculously lucky one day (almost embarrasingly) and pathetic the next.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How come...

"Yeah I'm Lucky. Lucky in Love *wink and the gun*" wasn't an option.

That would have been my choice.

Post 16 Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to play a game where both my opponent and I have average luck. I either have extremely bad luck, like :turn 1 quadruple skull, turn 2 pick up ball then fail first gfi, turn 3 fail to pick up ball and turn 4 pick up ball and then fail first gfi again. Or my opponent will get extreme luck, pulling out 2 blitz and 2 pitch invasions and making a 1/1000 move. Then the next game my opponent will ask me to turn my hacks off because everything i do seem to work, even those 2 dice against blocks,5+ pick up, 4+ dodge out, while my opponent get 4 boneheads in a row. etc..
Buckle

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I do much more average with the Java client than I do in my table top games. When I roll real dice, it hurts.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out the extremes of luck in this game between the first and second half;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=156929

I don't believe that anyone has either good or bad luck overall. It generally equalizes over a game, and at worst it will do so over games.

The psychology of luck is interesting to watch though. I know I've had games, for example, where I've made my opponent make lots of hard roles due to my placement and strategy and heard them say I was just lucky when to me it seems to be obvious that is was my planning not the fact they rolled a one on one out of every six dodges or a skull on one out of every six 1D blocks.

Conversely, I know I've had games where I could swear my luck was terrible, but then thinking about it later it was mostly because of bad play on my part.

Last edited by swilhelm73 on %b %14, %2003 - %09:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Nion

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty average. I don't think I have played a single match where my luck was average tho. Either all skulls (8 in a row once, 2 turns and 2 rr's gone like poof) or not miss a single block. Some of my teams have quite good luck with their skills tho. If anyone remembers me, I used to play here as Daedalus, and my Relics of the past were (I guess they still are, but I feel like starting over) quite insane when it comes to skill rolls. My 3 first skills, and the 5. one if I remember correctly, were doubles.
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i think luck is a big factor on kickoffs and can decide a game, you have games where you get changing weather normal to normal maybe a couple of rerolls add3ed nothing big, then you have ones where your opponents get blitz, perfect defense, blitz, maybe a pitch invasion or two 8?) thats when i groan most about luck the kick off rolls going ugly, though occasionally i get it my way though it makes a farce either way when kick off results decide the game as they sometimes do. curse nffl and those damn woodelf fans that get drunk and rowdy on weak red wine!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

*** wuhan is now known as luckyhan
 Jump to: