54 coaches online • Server time: 00:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tmacdevitt

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't SkiJunkie put a routinue in the client that would flag whether or not the disconnect was casued by voluntary closing the program? I realize that won't completly solve the cheating aspect, but wouldn't we all feel better if this was in there?
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

tmac
if someone does thsoe suspicious discos dont play 'ema nymore
its not that serious an issue
it sucks
but its not global warming or the glaring inequity of global wealth distribution
and honestly its not that big of a problem

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we'd have a sudden rash of lamers who 'accidentally mis-clicked' on the X. The natural reaction when the "Exit the game now?" window pops up is, naturally, to spasmodically twitch your hand in such a fashion that unfortuantely hits the "Enter" key and, "Oops! Simple mistake!"

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

tmacdevitt wrote:
Couldn't SkiJunkie put a routinue in the client that would flag whether or not the disconnect was casued by voluntary closing the program? I realize that won't completly solve the cheating aspect, but wouldn't we all feel better if this was in there?

I actually toyed with the idea of doing this but there were some issues as well as easy ways to get around it. One they could just start killing the program with a task manager. Then you wouldn't get the right event for a voluntary close. Two, what exactly would I tell the other player if it does happen? Pop a box that says "your opponent is cheating?" I could have been are real accident, or it could be that an operating systems I can't test on get this event from some real error. Just turned out to be too much of a hastle that won't fix the problem anyway.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
deneb

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

For my point of view, the "Inc" save is a real improvement. Only the last player is allowed to move. I think this should reduce dramatically the temptation.

I am quite lucky because I never had the problem against me.... But How often does it happen? 1% 2% 5% 10%?

The next step would to store the last player action/movement/dice.
But as I understood this could take a while in order to modify the code to perform this.

Very Happy Cool
deneb
Fishscale

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

How about having the game save after TDs as well? This would solve the disconnect after scoring problems.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I´m sorry.. I couldn´t follow... who got disconnected... your friend or his opponent?

My friend's opponent disconnected several times, until my friend had finally had enough and stopped playing.

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: