14 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lycos

Post 23 Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a post I have read asking for help logging on. Halfway down are some instructions from Meetgrinder. I followed these but I did possibly load the wrong Java client first.

I am getting a message each time I go to play of "Splash Error. The original splash is corrupted, missing or changed. Replace the original splash image and re start."

Ok. Im lost. I am semi IT literate but I have never used Java. (and its all Java logos on the error screen)

Ideas? Please....
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. as I don`t know what exactly the problem is, I would suggest reinstalling the latest Java Runtime Enivronment and deleting and redownload the client plus latest patch.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the error I got when I first loaded the game without loading the latest patch. I suspect the latest patch is not installed for you.
Lycos

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ah. Well thank you both for quick replies. Maxlongstreet, can Iask you to be more specific? Are you refering to a Java patch (and a trip to the SUN web site that confused the hell out of me) or a patch I get here. I did that 8.3 copy files from 8.5 and paste them in 8.3 etc but not really sure I was doing the right thing tbh!
However I seem to have icons all over desktop
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No, not Java--I got this error when I didn't have client patch 8.5 installed.
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like their installed wrong.
There should be no Icons on the desktop.
Take the download and when downloading it choose "upload all" from the files menu.
Then put it in your BB file.
And it´s allright.
Hope you can use it Smile

edit: if you still have trouble PM me and I´ll help you out, but wont be on, until tomorrow.

Last edited by Topper on %b %29, %2006 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lycos

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, well while you replied I went in to the folder of 8.5 and clicked on the icon that says "bbowl" and has Executable Jar file in grey under that. 339K.
If I double click on that file the same message comes up.
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

okay I have sent a PM to you.
Lycos

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper...how are you? (we havent played on the desktop but had a beer and chat before)

Thanks for your help and I have the PMs. I am work right now, it was 1am and I needed to sleep to I quit when I poosted and didnt see your reply. I will pick this up tonight but sounds like I should uninstall the whole lot and re start again, making a file BB.

Thanks again...and browsing through the memberlist I seem to recognise so many names!!
 Jump to: