48 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What to change to stunty teams to make them competitive with other normal teams ? Why i'm asking this because i'm playing in a league aside from FUMBBL who allow every team from this site (except ally teams).

The problem we have is that even if stunties are funny to play, they are never able to find a way to win. Nowhere near, in fact... Sad

First, you should know than in our league, we allow 1 star player / team to be in the roster.

What we were thinking is adding 1 or 2 more big guys to the teams. But is it a good idea ?

Someone else also suggest that every stunty team could have 2 allied team the same way CP, Lustrian and OW work. (2 linemen or 1 position player). Again, will it solve the problem ? If we take that solution, Snotlings will be able to enter the field without a Snotling on the play...

Any suggestion is welcome...
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, stunties really aren't supposed to be competitive. If you want a semi-stunty team you can win with from this site - try Ogres. You will start with mostly gobbos, and unless you do extremely well, your team will mostly be gobbos. OTOH, the additional OGres help alot in regards to having a chance to win...
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I know stunty team aren't meant to be competitive. That's why they are in a different league... That's why i'm asking what could be done for them to be competitive. Not necessarily something to make them on equal level with "normal" teams, but just a little boost to have a chance to win.

I know you can do it ! I'm sure some of you already think of some ideas in the past Wink
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Give the flings their chef for free, and the gobbos their 4 secret weapons Smile It's not LRB, but you're looking for house rules anyway.
Fishscale

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunties can't be competitive? Tell that to these guys: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=25164
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunties are deliberately hard. If you really want a challenge (or fun) play a stunty team.

If you make them balanced then coaches don't have that option.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

give em secret weapons which makes them even more unique, the more big guys you add the more theyll lose their flavor and concentrate solely on the BGs...
elara

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret weapons for halflings:

Cream cakes (9+)
Thrown like bombs, but they must be thrown at a player.
Can't be caught or intercepted.
Whoever is hit is automatically stunned.

Anchovy and Limburger sandwich (10+)
Opponents must make a 3+ roll before blocking the player carrying this, because of the smell.
Resolved like foul appearance. Doesnt affect passing.
 Jump to: