68 coaches online • Server time: 21:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my new team for helping out...

Foul n' Stall Profezzuz
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Here's my new team for helping out...

Foul n' Stall Profezzuz

Good idea. I've made a team from the opposite end of the tactical spectrum (although just as prone to stall Smile).

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

bad idea. Usually newcommers are unable to fulfill the requierements of a scheduled league.

Sk8, i´m not asking for a multi-round round robin over several season like many other tournaments, my idea is a smack-style tourney. I can´t see the truth in your claim that new coaches are unable to commit to 3-4 scheduled games if they are there to learn (academy, eh?). I find it a little bit elitist and condescending actually. /boo

But i can understand and agree with the thought that it might get too competitive too soon though. Not what the academy is about, I know.

So maybe the best idea is to give it time and continue the "ranked" - free selection of games, eg. arranging no academy events and tournaments.

M

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

well I didn't mean to sound elitist but it's just that I've seen many applys to my tournaments from players with 0 games that stayed at 0 games.

Usually, they start to get reliable after 40-50, I think.

The notion of competitiveness is good, for vet's as for rookies. Well maybe something like ISTs?

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

bad idea. Usually newcommers are unable to fulfill the requierements of a scheduled league.

Sk8, i´m not asking for a multi-round round robin over several season like many other tournaments, my idea is a smack-style tourney. I can´t see the truth in your claim that new coaches are unable to commit to 3-4 scheduled games if they are there to learn (academy, eh?). I find it a little bit elitist and condescending actually. /boo

But i can understand and agree with the thought that it might get too competitive too soon though. Not what the academy is about, I know.

So maybe the best idea is to give it time and continue the "ranked" - free selection of games, eg. arranging no academy events and tournaments.

M

Plug, plug.

We've got plenty of events running at 145 Club. Smile

An 'under 50 matches played' tourney sounds good but will you be able to find enough players to make it interesting?

I'll bet that many of those 'noobs' have less than 50 matches because it is so difficult to find time to play.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
well I didn't mean to sound elitist but it's just that I've seen many applys to my tournaments from players with 0 games that stayed at 0 games.

Usually, they start to get reliable after 40-50, I think.

The notion of competitiveness is good, for vet's as for rookies. Well maybe something like ISTs?

I know you didn´t want to belittle anybody, Sk8. But alas the french have a weakness for arrogance so... Wink (joking, obviously)

Yeah IST´s sounds like a better idea actually - competitive and still kept in a light mood.

As for the 145 club...As i have understood it is for coaches refusing to play the ranking game that is [R] (or failing in it Very Happy), so not completely the same as a learning divison...but people could join there as well with a U team.

M