54 coaches online • Server time: 14:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
2003 Rules Review
Not Crappy!
28%
 28%  [ 51 ]
Wait and See 'tude.
44%
 44%  [ 81 ]
Crappy!
27%
 27%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 181

Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperon has a good point: WAs need to roll a 4+ to roll over or get up. At least trees can be helped by their little halfling friends to make it a 2+. No such love for WAs. So they have even less chance... And a tree doesnt have to roll to turn around either.

And the WA trap can still be used kind off. Because WAs still have to move first, if you just leave an ogre (or similar) standing in front of a WA, coaches either have to take a risk to make the block, or forfeit their WA block for the turn. Coaches cant move other players in to give their WAs assists because the WA has to make the first block.

So i've changed my tune. It will take very effective tactics to now use a WA (and pray they dont get knocked over).
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
At least trees can be helped by their little halfling friends to make it a 2+.

old rules, old chap. no such things nowadays.

Anyway, WA is useless now. great! on to the other Big guys.

No BG except for stunties!
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, actually WA dont have to move first anymore.

Thats one bonus at least.

And thanks Bendrig. I wondered why my tree never seemed to get up off the ground.

Oscar Wilde
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
People fail to understand that rat ogres just got a lot better.

dude
you have a av 8 los guy for 130k
he has no tactical options really
his positioning is limited
and he is expensive 130k
how is that better?

now you have a very expensive line liability that can get injured easily with any guy with mighty blow + line rats dont get guard easily so a ogre with an assist or a troll that has a bob that has guard will be smacking this bitch up

got a whole lot worse imho
and the hypno gaze sucks now
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yeah
then he spends half the match rolling around on the ground roaring whoopie for 130 k they should lower the cost to 10k for next to useless without tentacles, and that only if you are playing elfs

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It still better then to only be able to use them in forced first-in-the-turn blitzes. WA:s up until now has more or less just been casualty machines with no other tactical uses then to cause their owners turnovers.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hell no!
a wa with tentacles could walk up to 2 recovers and hold them their np or force a cage
now forcing a cage is a big problem with skavens

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Even Elves will play 'slap the Biatch', and watch as he tries to get up.

Asperon Thorn
Wombats

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

> the pro as a trait thing is uber gay

Having just played a team of blodgey orcs with Pro on their black orcs (and won! Yeeeeah!) I'd say Pro used for rerolling blocks is cheese - Although your veterancy fluff explanation does fit better - Maybe a trait Pro is the lovechildof your last expired star player?

And these rules really did look like they were slapped together - Pity we still depend on Games Workshop and their work ethic.
Pity they neglect their most enjoyable game because it would draw players away form ridiculously expensive WHFB, 40K, etc.

>"if you choose an action other then a block you need to roll 2+, if you fail this roll the WA will attack the closest player
>(randomize if there are more then one)".

That's better than making people never take an action other than block.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The only frustrating thing about the WA change is it seems to utterly disregard the innate abilities of the two wild animals. Horns? Worse than useless now on a 1, 2 or 3. And RO - the fastest and most agile and most unique big guy on the pitch just had their movement and agility effectively neutered. And yet we're still meant to pay money for this with no options?
Kaos_War_Monk

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Vigil's points are right on the money for mine. Seems overly restrictive, playing directly against these 2 figure's main strengths.
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

GW only need to make a small adjustment with WA. Just change the wording to :"you declare any action other than Block (OR BLITZ) with a Wild Animal, roll a D6." Minos and RO made excellent blitzers, that's what make them unique.

The only question, will they be too strong if they change the wording ? I don't think so. Or if they're too strong, remove the assist as before or make them your first move in the turn. I rather have something usefull with drawbacks than something totally useless.
wookie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, it would be fair to give ST skills to the Wights now that you can have only two of them. Otherwise, I believe Undead to become somewhat underpowered.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that if rat ogres and minotaurs are going to be made useless, - reduce their cost dramatically to reflect this. why does a minotaur have horns if hes not going to blitz, and why does a rat ogre have high agility if he is never, - EVER going to get the ball with this new rule?
btw, can someone explain why would they nerf the undead after releasing the kemhri?
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The new WA is also odd from a flavour point of view. These guys are so wild and blood thirsty that they..... can't be bothered to do anything if nobody is within arms reach. You can just imagine a minotaur roaring in frustration as a goblin stands 5 foot in front of him making rude gestures.....

I'm just glad that all my minotaurs have tentacles already so that they aren't completely useless....

On the other hand Beasts of Nurgle are really good now that they start with Tentacles (and of course being official helps out as well)....In stunty league they are going to be evil. I had 2 Beasts of Nurgle with Tentacles on a nurgling team once and it is really quite nasty.
 Jump to: