30 coaches online • Server time: 09:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:
I favour the non-scheduling system.

So coaches do not build a team which fits perfect to play against the same race.
In case of Norse, I would have skilled Blitzers with Guard, MB, Piling On all over and tons of Linos with Dirty Player. But this wouldn't be a "real" BloodBowl Norse team.

I totally agree. One week is enough to play a game or two to tweak your roster and get all your players to recover from SI, but that's it. Bring in what you've always been playing.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay.. so far 9 teams have applied.. this is very few imo.. so i gonna delay the start of XFL Norse for one week.. i hope till then some more teams who dropped out of UI apply

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you CJ!

__Synn
*Meow Mother______
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If i had time to play i'd give it a go with rookie norse - just for a laugh. In RL I can manage to beat better teams, no reason it shouldn't be the same on fumbbl... lol Wink

BFN

Paul
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

We now have 12 teams applying. Come on guys, we need some more, and just because obvioulsy some did not get it yet: This tournament is for _Ranked_ _Norse_ Teams of _any_ Team Rating. So please stop applying with unranked teams or Orcs or anything like that, or you gonna force me to use extremely anoying blink tags on the group page.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No rule against creating and entering a Rookie Norse team is there? I'm up for a laugh Smile.

If I enter a team Rookie into the tournament, can I play other teams between now and when the tournament begins (and during it) to build it up, or does the team get 'locked' into just the tournament?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is only "locked" once the tourney starts so go ahead and apply and play as much as you can.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, my new RandGeordie team will be created and entered tonight then thanks Very Happy. No doubt will be eliminated in the first round, but so what, be fun Very Happy
RandBlade

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I've applied for my RandGeordie team but don't know if I've done it correctly, didn't get a confirmation screen and never done this before.
Synn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Me0w.

__Synn
**See you Norse coaches!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

15 teams applied so far.. one more needed to make it a 16 team KO tourney

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You might find it easier to get another starter if you update the homepage blurb about it, it still says the tourny has began already - I nearly didn't apply because I looked on Saturday and saw that it said the tourny began on Friday, only interest made me read the whole thread and see at the (then) end that the deadline had been extended.
Synn

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.... do we have 16 yet? Come on folks.....

__Synn
RandBlade

Post   Posted: May 04, 2006 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, my team won't be able to be considered Rookie at all if it takes much longer to get the last player. Very Happy
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 08, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

NOW HERE THIS, THE HELLBOUND CHARIOTEERS HAVE BROUGHT INTOLERABLE SHAME UPON THEMSELVES FOR LOSING FIRST GAME IN THE XFL AGAINST A TEAM 60TS LOWER.

THEY MUST MAKE THE MARCH OF DEATH!

THE APOTH SHALL NOT BE USED ON A DEATHBLOW AND WE WELCOME *ALL* TEAM KILLERS TO CHALLENGE THEM. WE WANT TO SEE AS MUCH DIRTY PLAYER, CLAW, MIGHTY BLOW, RSC AS YOU CAN FIT INTO THE 40TS LIMIT.

THIS TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT GAMES UNTIL ALL PLAYERS ARE SLAIN....YOU HEARD RIGHT....WE ARE NOT RETIRING UNTIL THE ROSTER IS BLANK!!!