16 coaches online • Server time: 05:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Superstar

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a rather fun Game in our Local RL leauge yesterday a 0-5 loss for my necromantic vs some very lucky humans.

The "best" roll of the game was my flesh golem blocking a human lineman, 2dice block, dubble skull, Reroll, dubble skull again.. ok turnover, then my opponent rolled the armor roll 6,6 then injury 6,6 then cas roll 6. Then my regeneration roll 1. Not that it was needed to be so extreme to cause the same effect, but it was only 6s and 1s, if we would be playing yatzy we would have had 1 yatzy each =D

the odds of this is 1/60466176 =D that can sum up a very bad game for me.
Fool

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

two words: loaded dice

google chessex cheater dice

don't let this happen again Razz
lord_real

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the days when I started playing blood bowl something really funny happened.
One of the best overall players in different kinds of games had recently learned blood bowl. He hadn’t played a game yet, but he knew all “on pitch” rules (and we helped him with his roster with his chaos team). So in his first game EVER in his first move EVER he selected the Star Player Lord Borak the despoiler and choose to blitz. He noticed that he had put the player one square to far in his own half and had to GFI to get to the human lineman he would like to blitz. He rolls a 1. Rerolls it. Rolls a 1. Armour breaks, and double 6 for injury. Apothecary fail….

His first question was… “So how do I get the player back?” Smile
Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont piss of nuffle this is what will happen to you when you does....
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The only good thing about rolls like that is it happened in tabletop, not on fumbbl so we don't have to listen to someone whinging about how the random number generator is broken Wink
lord_real

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tuss... The number generator called “dice” in real life blood bowl is obviously broken.... Wink
We have two anecdotal evidence here to PROVE it. Wink
And we all know that anecdotes have more substance than science. Very Happy
Kami

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, What is really sad and funny are those coach that retire because their first game(s) is/are unlucky.

Funny when a player stop playing after his Beastman failed his dodge... (It happened. He was losing 3-0, of course)
Sad when a good coach got is battered and kill for that matter and just get discouraged, and stop.

It is really sad, especially when players are hard to find...
tautology

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I had a rather fun Game in our Local RL leauge yesterday a 0-5 loss for my necromantic vs some very lucky humans.

The "best" roll of the game was my flesh golem blocking a human lineman, 2dice block, dubble skull, Reroll, dubble skull again.. ok turnover, then my opponent rolled the armor roll 6,6 then injury 6,6 then cas roll 6. Then my regeneration roll 1. Not that it was needed to be so extreme to cause the same effect, but it was only 6s and 1s, if we would be playing yatzy we would have had 1 yatzy each =D

the odds of this is 1/60466176 =D that can sum up a very bad game for me.

Sounds like a bad seed in your dice client Wink
I recommend the pseudo-random rolls of the Java Client.

Either that or shake those dice in a cup!
 Jump to: