55 coaches online • Server time: 19:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deadpyro

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just started out and I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how I should play High Elfs
Wombats

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Get two (three is better) players in their field within running distance of a touch down.

Keep theses scoreres apart so they can blitz one and the other can hopefully not all get swamped.

Always dodge away if you you are about to get blocked - Low priority (e.g. less than ball handling and blocking) but will keep your players in commission and able to get where they need to be.

Don't neglect rerolls - Because you will make most rolls on a 2 or 3+ means a reroll is worth a good half dozen attempts you can make before you'll need it instead of three attempts.

I neglect positional players for rerolls and buy them later - Highly debatable, this.

Good luck - Hope my Norse get a chance to beat their cobblers into mush sometime Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

yes rerolls very good for most elf teams.

Try to work on your defense and get a couple of playes tackle/stripball or leap and a guard to pop the ball. They are a good team when the catchers skill up wit blodge because quick and hard to nail two. But key is keeping two other players about three four squares in oppenents half on attack. They can be used to throw/ then move hand off with or if things gone pear shapped, recieve a throw and hide with extra square. The origonal catcher further up the pitch can now block his way back into action with correct change in direction of attack.

Never spend your time fighting becuase hit and run more effective. Av8 and st3 ok but will lose any fight apart form with stunty or skaven (50-50 they get a big guy). Try to have multiple good players and play as a 'team' ie all of your team usefull. Kick deep but when have two blitzers kick at scrimage line and let your oppenent panic with ball.
 Jump to: