54 coaches online • Server time: 22:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was hoping to get some Table Top stories going. Mine is short and sweet (that's what she said HAH!)

Our local store had the fortune of having a regular that was a HELL of a painter/sculptor (Golden Daemon winner). We all threw in $5 to start the 14 person tourney and the winner got a replica of the "SPIKE!" magazine trophy. I ended up winning (with Undead) and decided to leave my trophy on display at the store. Unknown to me some of the other people that I played decided to do a "second" season/tourney. The winner of that was the one that I beat badly in the finals. They then "claimed" the trophy for him. The store owner at the time (a gun fanatic/collector) said "If you try and take that out of my store make sure it is covered up so none of your blood gets on it" They put the trophy back.

Anyone else have any humorous table top stories?

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You will see in my profile a link to this which occured at CanCon, Australia's National BB tournament.

Given its a blog, feel free to leave a comment...
Meech

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Clay, I would have proabably wanted to deck him after the slap.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

a story with a grumpy old man is always a hit.
i honestly wouldnt know how to react if i had been in that situation.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My and a mate are playing, non-league, just a friendly match. He insists on using the old kick-off rules, just a fun one-off match so I don't argue.
First half is tense, dangerous plays from both sides, an injury each. 1-1.
Second half starts. Pitch Invasion. Three of my players are killed dead straight off, he kills another on his first block of the half. Absolutely insane.
Still ended 1-1 as well Smile

Okay, not a Tourney story, but a TT one...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
You will see in my profile a link to this which occured at CanCon, Australia's National BB tournament.

Given its a blog, feel free to leave a comment...

gee whizz man... thats bad... sort of thing that deters me from playing in a TT tourney to be honest, i like fun BB but that guy... gah!
coffindodger

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,

Student Nationals 2006 down in Sheffield. Took my Undead team - Coffin Dodgers B that got the most casualties in Nottingham a couple of years ago and managed 5 straight wins. Not too hard you may say, but one was in a 4-way game in which two of the opposing coaches were from the same Uni and were cooperating as much as the rules allowed (Norse and WE teams). Still managed the win 3-2-2-0 (with thanks to the Orc player who tied up the Norse very handily in the 2nd half so my mummies could flatten a few of them)

Great fun, topped off by me 'Blitzing' the organiser on stage during the awards ceremony. Never seen a guy look so panicked by me before! lol

BFN

Paul
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last year I played at a convention, the name of which eludes me today, in Indiana ( I think in South Bend? )
If you know my style, you'll grin at the outcome of the tourney. Playing Lizardmen, I proceed to lose every match I play by at least 2 points, scoring only two TDs in the entire tournament. In the process, I rack up more RIPs and SIs than my opponents get COMPs and TDs combined Smile
In the end, I earn the "We lost? Look at the other team!" award, and draw a tie on the tourney's sportsmanship award. I'm not against giving game-winning advice to my opponent during a tourney, it may cost me the game, but he still lost both passers and a lino Smile
Of course, the guy I tie in the sportsmanship award turns out to be the only guy to not win anything at all the entire tourney, so I bow out and let him keep the trophy, which of course prompts everyone to declare me the true sportsman of the tourney and I get an extra 'booby-prize'
Now I just wish there were more tourneys in my area. Anyone around the MD/PA line know where to find one?
 Jump to: