37 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the amount of games, I just wish the matches would be pre-arranged. It's frustrating trying to contact all my group members. I'm part of Group B and it is horrible. Practically no one is ever on -- I sent out PM's to many of them, no replies in 3 days. I think one hasn't even been on in 13 days, and a few in 5-6. Why join the cup if you're not going to be around to play? Gah!

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I like the amount of games, I just wish the matches would be pre-arranged. It's frustrating trying to contact all my group members. I'm part of Group B and it is horrible. Practically no one is ever on -- I sent out PM's to many of them, no replies in 3 days. I think one hasn't even been on in 13 days, and a few in 5-6. Why join the cup if you're not going to be around to play? Gah!

I was in group B, so I am one of those you refer to. As I have written I dropped out because I realized that I would not have the time to play enough matches to get in top-2.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

But my team (in Group D) never had a chance to get into the Top 2... I am a TR160ish Undead team with a high fan factor... my only reason for playing was to meet TR 300ish teams and win lots of cash for when I return to the open division. I have a 1-3 win/loss record, have not been maimed, managed a win vs a highly rated team on Turn 16 and have really enjoyed the challenge of playing high risk opponents (being Undead helps though!).

To drop out because you don't have the time begs the question why did you bother in the first place!
Surre

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

To drop out because you don't have the time begs the question why did you bother in the first place!

Because I thought it would be something like FUMBBL CUP I. There was nothing mentioned about groups of 15 teams. That information turned up in last minute. When I first read something about group stage I figured maybe a four-team group --> three matches. With this system the name should be changed, it hardly qualifies as a cup now.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I am now first of the group E and i have the most points of all groups (246 !).

But if we do forfeits, i will not qualify !

There is an injustice ...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=552

Teams of other groups will qualify with only a few matches ...
RubenG

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Surre - I agree with you.
I think this should be renamed something else and become an independent tournament to held every 6 months. This tournament format works for the soccer World Cup - but you have to limit the teams based on the TR/STR with maybe 8 wildcard entries [ qualifying rounds? ]

The Fumbbl Cup should be kept a knock-out style with all the hype, excitement and 30+ specs.
Jahira

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Any info on when the knockout stages and who's going on? if it's just me thats blind and haven't payed attention then plz slap me, but i'd like to know when the prestages are over and the shedule for the winner team is comming.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Surre, whilst I agree if you didn't realise the format then yes it would have been a rude shock, but I new what I was in for so I assumed you (and all other 100+ coaches) did as well...

If that was not the case, then I apologise...

But what I dont know is what SofnFluffy has just asked - when is it over??
Sinner

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, any idea what to do with the unplayed games?

Couldnt play 5 of them: 4 because the opponents left the group and one because hes not responding..

suggestions?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i will sort all that out later on tonight as this is the end of the group stage today

and as for the group stages plenty of cup competition have them but due to the number of coaches who normally don't bother playing their matches the groups had to be larger to compensate for that, otherwise there may have been a number of groups where none of them played

there were always going to be some groups that were more active than others, albator you can't moan about people from other groups going through with less point than you cause its not their fault the other coaches in their groups decided not to put the effort in. Also like i pointed out to you the other guy who is close to you in the 2nd 3rd slot in your group would have had a better overall record than you, if you wanted to get higher than him you should have beaten him as he beat someone you lost too iirc. Surely it would be more of an injustice if you went through rather than him?

group phases in competions will always have teams going through from some groups with lower points tallys than teams who didn't go through from other groups, you can see this happening in football cup compeitions, if you wanted to go through then you should basically win all your games, if you don't go through from your group then there were better coaches with better results than you in that group. You can't compare the groups against each other cause you have no idea how you would have performed in that group, it is also highly likely that you would have a lot less points as well cause you would have also had the problem with having less coaches bothering to put the effort in to play the games.

If you want to post up a suggestion on another way to run them then i will take aboard constructive comments and suggestions but you do have to consider there will be a fair number of coaches who just won't play their games. I did toy with the idea that any coaches who didn't do this would get all their games conceeded not just forfeited and then hopefully only the comitted coaches would put the time in. The problems with the cups before this was that too many rounds were dealt with by a team going through randomly cause of the coaches who didn't play. I will run a thread after this one has completly finished for feedback so that should give you some time to think ideas through. Personally I think this one is going well and the last 6 knockout stage should proove to be rather competative and produce some good matches.
 Jump to: