26 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What was your opinion of the "special challenges" for Dark Elves in Season VIII?
Really added to the league. Do it again for a different race!
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
I liked the extra competition but I only play my High/Pro/Wood elves.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
"Meh"...can we please get back to the basics!
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Whatever are you talking about?
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 29

Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about giving extra points for a smack title ... I think those that can participate in smacks are those that have the time to be online and play loads, in general, too. Still I can see it work - 20 points feel too much however.

Mr_Launcher wrote:
I think the "you get double points if you play vs an EMU team" rule is a little bit annoying. How I am to know if a team I'm playing vs is an EMU team? I could of course ask every opponent I play "is your team an EMU team", but since I play quite a lot of games, that would be quite tedious, and the answer would be "no" most of the time anyways.

I put up some lines in my team bio asking EMU members to tell me (and why I'd like them to tell me). It doesn't matter if they do it before, after or during the game really - and I stated it like that too. I still might get the one or the other that doesn't say, but in general I think most of them will have that much integrity.

Academy should be free of any meta gaming. That is games should not be played for ones own ego, and not for points in any league (be it EMU, ELF or whatever others exist out there).

I agree on the TS rule. Make it somewhat comparable. I know it's hard to get games in [u] at times, but not playing down more then 40 TS should still be possible.

I think runes add something. Nin's suggestion is quite nice. However, personally I like to be surprised - not knowing what I'll have to work for to gain them before the season starts - having different challenges every season would be something I'd cherish. On the other hand, that's really something I won't demand/ask for, as it creates extra work. So in general, I think they add something, but I'll just wait and see what happens on that end Smile.

-Mnemon
nin

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

there are few EMU teams with high TS... there are not many active in any TS... and they tend to have certain features easy to recognice...
and in the Group page is a link to their group, when you report the match it takes a moment to check Wink

but double points makes them really sweet, it may be a little excesive (still, hard to win or not, those matches tend to be tough, some bonus is nice)

I can't usually commit to scheduled games or tournaments and more people may be in the same situation... but I choose to play against any race (no schedule makes me do that). Bonus for tourney matches may be ok, but please don't make it central.

...on the [R]anked only topick, if someone overtly tryes to cherripick and breack this tournament he doesn't need to play in [U], there are many shoft spots for that.
I prefer to think that there is no shuch worry, let pride and embarrasment deal with that (but if something is really needed, make TS diference influence the score, even more than the shut out or 5+ touch bonuses).
lemf

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well a fantastic season added spice to the ranked league with 15 of my players killed and most with NI or another injury they will be back for another season I really do not mind what rules are in place I just play.

PS Synn only fouled me once when he beat me 7-0 with his Norse Fluffy Kittens and more, so he has got a soft side Smile
Wietse

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

yes its a sign of weakness. If the other EMU teams hear about it they will laugh at him!

(did you foul him anyway?, you should, just to show him)
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the input - lots of good ideas and suggestions.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the special challenges for the next season (since a majority seemed to like the fluff) and plan to kick it off June 1st. I'll try and get the league page and recruitment/background threads up 'tonight' -children willing.

Jump to: