23 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jeppan

Post   Posted: May 30, 2006 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined yesterday and it was really fun once you got it started (a bit complicated for a n00b). It had the feel of the real game. Smile

So join people, it is worth it!
Gevrik_Halfdead

Post   Posted: May 31, 2006 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
Who did all this ???

I started creating this module about 2 years ago, was a lot of work but now I am happy that people are finally using it. Smile

Furious_George wrote:
ok, Im in, still figuring out what im doing with the client, but ive got a skaven warband thats on the warpath! Ill let you all know when ive determined arse from elbow as far as clientography goes Very Happy

I made a little tutorial on how to get started with VASSAL, at least how to connect and start a game of Mordheim, you can find the tutorial here:

http://wiki.vassalengine.org/doku.php?id=mordheim:tutorial

I stopped adding stuff to the module about a year ago, so if you guys need anything to be added, just give me a shout at gevrik AT gmail DOT com.
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 31, 2006 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'll check it out tomorrow, I think. I can be dwarves, right?

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, dorfs are thar.
I had so many puns about fish, halflings and Macavity for this post, but I threw them all out for bad taste.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the module needs some mounted warriors. Im stuck with using a road warden or a highway man for my mounted champion

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I got my ass handed to me by Tkitch. Boy was he more experienced than me, even if I had like a 100 more in rating, I did never stand a chance.

Anyway, I am gonna take a little breather from playing for a week or so. Three games in three days has me saturated for a few days Smile

See ya next week. Very Happy
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard that instead of a measuring system, you guys are just counting squares for movement for simplicity sake. I completely agree with this... with an exception. In a game where you need to measure shooting distances, allowing players to move diagonal on a 1 for 1 basis on a grid over-rewards diagonal movement. Moving a diagonal is a bit more than 41% greater than a right angle movement on a grid.

To compensate for this, I suggest the following system: When moving diagonal, your fist diagonal move costs one point of movement. Your second costs two. Your thirds costs one... etc.

This gives diagonal movement a somewhat below 1.5 cost, which more closely approximates the 1.41 actual distance moved. It ends up costing 1.5 if you use an even amount of diagonal movements and somewhat less if you use an odd number of diagonal moves.

Thoughts? Questions?
Gevrik_Halfdead

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Imerikol wrote:
I've heard that instead of a measuring system, you guys are just counting squares for movement for simplicity sake. I completely agree with this... with an exception. In a game where you need to measure shooting distances, allowing players to move diagonal on a 1 for 1 basis on a grid over-rewards diagonal movement. Moving a diagonal is a bit more than 41% greater than a right angle movement on a grid.

To compensate for this, I suggest the following system: When moving diagonal, your fist diagonal move costs one point of movement. Your second costs two. Your thirds costs one... etc.

This gives diagonal movement a somewhat below 1.5 cost, which more closely approximates the 1.41 actual distance moved. It ends up costing 1.5 if you use an even amount of diagonal movements and somewhat less if you use an odd number of diagonal moves.

Thoughts? Questions?

In the latest version I changed the grid to hex instead of squares, problem solved, should be releasing the latest version this weekend. Smile
pluto670

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Lord i can not wait for my exams to be over, then 3 months of unadulterated online BB and Morheim. June the 26thIs the day, but then its 3 days or partys but then WOOOOOOOW here i come. just so i know are human availiable?

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, what i do is use the range finder tool to measure the distance to the square i want to move to and make sure its within 8", same thing with shooting.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The campaign now has a weekly gazetter, http://wiki.vassalengine.org/doku.php?id=gazette , the more interest it gets from the players the better it will be.
Ideas, aid, comments and constructive criticism all more than welcome.
whiteknight

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Where do we setup or start a warband? I've play actual games before but not Java...teach me

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ive never played mordheim , but id like to give it a go sometime .

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Created an account, and trying to upload an army, but so far with no luck. I went to http://wiki.vassalengine.org/doku.php?id=mordheim_warbands, but see niether a way to login nor an edit button.

Looks like fun, though -- can't wait to play! My current group can only meet infrequently, so it's nice to be able to have games online.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

if you just go to www.vassalengine.org you can open your account . then click on the above link again whilst you are signed in and it should let you Edit then