50 coaches online • Server time: 20:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How useful is the User Guide?
It's great! I couldn't cope without it
18%
 18%  [ 37 ]
It's good, but it isn't perfect
49%
 49%  [ 100 ]
It's OK, but I could live without it
12%
 12%  [ 25 ]
It's handy for newbies, but I don't bother with it.
16%
 16%  [ 34 ]
It's rubbish, why bother with it?
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 203

grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2006 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I voted "It's great! I couldn't cope without it"-hell mate I didn’t know what a .jar was until Fumbbl so I am dam glad to have any help. Since I started to fluff my team a bit and even read up on strategies and suggested rosters/racial strategy I use it every time I’m online....seriously I couldn’t cope without it.
Mikeymoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like noone has posted here for a while. But I'm returning after at least 15 year away from Blood Bowl and totally new to the site.

So while learning how to play the game again, the help guide has been very useful in finding out how the site works.

The addition to having people comment on stratergies for the various races is useful too. As I have never played as any other race than human or Orc and even then as a casual player.

I don't think I could really add to the much to the site but a few changes would be nice:

Explain Abreviations - it took me a while to work out all the TR's , rr's etc. I know it's really useful to speed up chat among those that know their stuff, but it's a real barrier for us returning or new beginners. Maybe a find a replace with the html abbr tag coming in.

PICTURES - please can we have some explaining things. Or showing examples. I have been looking through a few replys just to see how people setup and play (properly). A few screen shots would be good.

I think thats about it for now.

But thanks for listening Smile

Mikel
Colin

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard Smile I hope you enjoy your (long - most people here are total addicts Wink) stay.

Thanks for the tips; the User Guide is written as a Wiki, which does not use HTML tags as such. However, Wikis are open to be edited by anyone, so feel free to replace the abbreviations with their full meanings Wink. I'll keep an eye out for that in future - there are a lot of pages, so it'll have to be on an adhoc basis, whenever I happen to visit a page.

I think the trouble with pictures is finding reliable hosting; Imageshack, Photobucket or Flickr might be best, though I'm not sure if they allow external websites to link their pics. I suppose we could use FUMBBL's own Gallery facility, though the size of files allowed is small. I have hosting space myself, which is use to host files on behalf of a number of people - I'll certainly make space for User Guide submissions.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the greeting. So far I have only played with one of my friends, trying to learn the ropes abit before jumping in.

I read up on the the ability to use HTML in the Wiki - but I guess it's best to leave html disabled.

Maybe I'll have to take your advice and add a few terms in.

Thanks,

Mikey
Wrongfooting

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Great guide. I tried out PBeMBB - no definitive manual makes it so difficult in comparison to FUMBBL...Java is purty too...

my options screen is different from the one listed in the guide in 2 main ways:

1. When I selected LRB 2004, LRB OFAB remained unselected. I assume this is the same as EXP OFAB and selected it.

2. In the user options there isn't any mention of the autopush option. Being a user option, it won't make any difference to play either way, will it? Don't know what it does though...

otherwise cheers for a great intro
Colin

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Folks, I haven't used the client much in recent times, and the rules have been changing, so if I make a mistake, please mention any errors:

Wrongfooting wrote:
Great guide. I tried out PBeMBB - no definitive manual makes it so difficult in comparison to FUMBBL...Java is purty too...

my options screen is different from the one listed in the guide in 2 main ways:

1. When I selected LRB 2004, LRB OFAB remained unselected. I assume this is the same as EXP OFAB and selected it.

For play on FUMBBL, options are automatically set (using embedded parameters in your roster, I believe), so you don't need to worry about this for official FUMBBL games. For offline or non-FUMBBL play, I'm less sure, especially as that skill was renamed to Bloodlust. The JBB documentation is thin on this skill. Perhaps a Vampire coach could clarify this?

Quote:
2. In the user options there isn't any mention of the autopush option. Being a user option, it won't make any difference to play either way, will it? Don't know what it does though...

Point 6 in the JBB ReadMe.txt:
Quote:
The auto push feature is where the game auto selects the push square for you when only one push square is available. To fix this, go into the options and uncheck the "Auto Push" feature.
I had to look it up Smile Thank Buddha for desktop search engines.