38 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The staff at FUMBBL run several Official Tournaments in the Ranked Division. They are the only tournaments that can be run in the Ranked Division.

They are divided into 2 categories: Major and Minor. The Major tournaments are run every 3 months, have interesting prizes and require coaches to win qualifying tournaments to participate. The Minor tournaments are run much more frequently (there are always several running). They have smaller prizes.

They are serious tournaments. You are expected to read through all the rules and links on the group pages. Coaches who should apply should do their utmost to play their scheduled matches. If in don't about your level of commitment, do not apply. Both types of tournaments are weighed much more heavily for Coach Ranking purposes.

Major Tournaments

Minor Tournaments

• Royal Rookie Rumble Tournament for new TR100 [R] teams. A new tournament begins when 16 teams have applied.
  • FUMBBL SMACK A new tournament will begin at any time when 8 [R] teams of the same TR Class join #FUMBBL SMACK and are able to commit to 2 consecutive games.
  • XFL Established [R] teams compete to determine which team is the best of a given race. A new tournament starts every two to four weeks with a new race being chosen.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on Nov 22, 2005 - 01:34; edited 1 time in total
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that these Ranked touneys are great fun and great idea! As we all know, the open format is open to abuse but 'cherrypicking' (we need a fumbbl dictionary definition for that word), try cherrypicking your way through a ranked tourney! Wink

Keep up the good work Evo. Its good to create a high profile for such events.

KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT comming up?! right?

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to ask two questions,
if one wins the qualifier, when is the first KO game(of the grotty little tournament)?
Can teams that are in the tourney play other games in bewteen, like if they got 5 players that miss next match and i have a week til i have to play it can i play a normal game to recover?
thx
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still trying to figure out how to get in!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Too late now Khornelius. All 16 qualifiers for the ulthuan have been found and the tourney has started. GLT havent started qualifiers yet, check the news on the front page, it will inform you when things start and how to apply.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: May 22, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I just lost my awesome star beastman thrower when a minor family emergency forced me to conceed...I would have done much better with him still on the team...but he quit. Crying or Very sad
AlvaroErize

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to insist but i ask this so as not to make anything against the rules in my first major tournament...

I would like to ask two questions,
if one wins the qualifier, when is the first KO game(of the grotty little tournament)?
Can teams that are in the tourney play other games in bewteen, like if I have 5 players that miss next match and i have a week till i have to play it can i play a normal game to recover?
thx
Flix

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

During the Qualifier and during the final round you cant make any matches, but you are able to play games between Qualifier and Final Round
AlvaroErize

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

When I applied to the Grotty, the grotty´s group appeared on my overview page, but today it disappeared.
Is the grotty still gonna be played?
Any idea of dates for the qualifiers?
Do i have to apply again or is my application still there?

Anyway flix,thanks for answering!
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just removed all applications today in preparation of announcing the start of the tourney (not for a month or so yet). No applications made before the official announcement of the statr of the tournament will be considered, in fact applications will be cleared before that time (as they have just been).

When the tourney is announced, feel free to apply as appropriate. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

woops...I just applied today.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2006 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The new dates appeared and i have allready applied twice but each tiem wen i come back i found i a not longer in the group, is there anything wrong?
JB

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2006 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be wrong here, but as I understood it you apply just like at the Fumbbl Smacks, when the tournament is announced in the chat channel.
AlvaroErize

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2006 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yep , had not read that the rules had changed, thx drunken
 Jump to: