48 coaches online • Server time: 10:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jgerman

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've created an Academy team and I have the client ready to go (I think). I'm not sure of the ettiquette of just asking for noobie games in the main irc channel. So I figured I'd post first and see if there are more acceptable ways to learn my way around the game and the client.

Any hints/tips for a noob?
MightyQuinn

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Join chat #FumbblAcademy and see if you can get a game there and put your team on gamefinder...
jgerman

Post 12 Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MightyQ wrote:
Join chat #FumbblAcademy and see if you can get a game there and put your team on gamefinder...

Cool. will do. I'm assuming the fact that it's an Academy team will indicate that I don't know what I'm doing Laughing Laughing
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

jgerman wrote:
I'm assuming the fact that it's an Academy team will indicate that I don't know what I'm doing

I wouldn't take that for granted - I don't play in Academy myself but I know some experienced coaches use it to try out different ideas etc. If you're looking for a gentle introduction and some learning games (which is what Academy is for) it would be safer to say so outright. Spell it out when you're in #fumbblacademy or on your team bio. Saves misunderstandings Wink.

ps. Welcome to fumbbl ! I hope you enjoy your stay.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

you also can try fumbbl_academy (note the difference) for the way emptier but way friendlier learning channel

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok im pretty new myself what i did was go into one of the academy rooms and ask about for some experianced coaches to give me one or two intro/coaching games then after that your best off learning to look for other new guys via gamefinder or via coaches bios...look for others who have joined the community lately or guys with only a few teams and or have only played a few games themselves. after this just get a good mix of playing some of the Coaching coaches and new guys and i think you will find your game will improve allot, also look at replays of some of the more experianced coaches to pick up a few tips.

Word of warning Despite the Academy is Full of really nice chaps and very helpfull people..as some have pointed out...not all coaches in Academy are Coaching coaches or new guys....sadly theres a few Gits out there who are very experianced...who are using there so called 'Experimental' bashy teams in Academy. they should have balls and play there new teams in unranked, but they prefare to dismantle new guys teams instead...i think its due to there lack of skill level or something.

i picked up all these tips within a few weeks of playing so you should be ok...ohh and good luck Smile
jgerman

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to ask around for a game tonight. I've owned every version of BB and never got to play much, this site seems too good to be true Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

jgerman wrote:
this site seems too good to be true Smile

It is! Welcome!!

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2006 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is #FumbblAcademy still alive? Or did I just come by at a time when no one was around?

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well, there are two academys:
-fumbbl_academy were nachtogen, wing, mymlaban, biggieb still connects to chat and we see newcommers log then log off since they can't bb lfg there.
-the academy with few users but also with few people looking for advices.

IMO, lfg, use gamefinder and sit in, ask for questions. But rather empty, for sure.