42 coaches online • Server time: 13:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

1) A Vamp starts its turn next to a thrall and an opponent. OFAB roll is one so he has to end his turn next to a thrall or suffer a turnover and run off the pitch. The Vamp throws a block and gets a skull, and therefore falls over. Does he still attack the thrall? Does he run off the pitch as if he couldn't get to a thrall? Or does nothing further happen since it is already a turnover?

2) A Vamp rolls a 1 on OFAB. He is 5 spaces from the endzone and runs in with no thrall in sight. Is this a TD or a normal OFAB turnover?
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Swilhem, some great questions:

swilhelm73 wrote:
1) A Vamp starts its turn next to a thrall and an opponent. OFAB roll is one so he has to end his turn next to a thrall or suffer a turnover and run off the pitch. The Vamp throws a block and gets a skull, and therefore falls over. Does he still attack the thrall? Does he run off the pitch as if he couldn't get to a thrall? Or does nothing further happen since it is already a turnover?

I'm pretty sure that when you roll OFAB, that particular vamp's turn (except for movement) is over. You won't be able to throw a block.

swilhelm73 wrote:
2) A Vamp rolls a 1 on OFAB. He is 5 spaces from the endzone and runs in with no thrall in sight. Is this a TD or a normal OFAB turnover?

The turn ends as soon as the TD is scored, so no OFAB turnover.

I have a follow-up question. For the life of me, I could not get hypnotic gaze to work after the rule changes. I get that it's an action like block now, but even standing still I could not manage to get my vamps to roll for hypnotic gaze (was trying by clicking on the skill which seemed to work fine before rule changes). Is there something I was missing (speaking in past tense because I retired my vamp team).
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

banana_fish900 wrote:
Swilhem, some great questions:

I'm pretty sure that when you roll OFAB, that particular vamp's turn (except for movement) is over. You won't be able to throw a block.

Thx. Smile

What about a failed dodge then in the same situation - I think you are right (now that I think about it) that OFAB makes you take a move (not block) action? So the Vamp falls over next to a thrall from dodging?
elara

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

any turnover cancels the OFAB.
don't know what would happen if you failed a dodge and have stand firm so you couldnt reach the thrall.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you Fail your dodge your Vamp will leave the pitch for the rest of the drive and a turnover will occur (Even if he fell down as he must be standing near a thrall at the end of his OFAB movement)

If you have stand firm and fail your dodge the same thing will happen (ie Vamp off pitch and turnover) unless you are right beside a thrall
Druzil

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

banana_fish900, I had the same issue trying to figure out how to use hypnogaze after the rule change. You need to select the skill and then throw a block like normal. the hypnogaze will be used instead of a block being made. Hypnogaze seems pretty pointless for vamps now, as most of the time, if you want them to lose their TZs just knock em down instead, since ST 4.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, once you have failed the OFAB roll, your vampire *will* go off the pitch if for any reason he does not end the turn standing next to a thrall. As for the TD, the rules are a little unclear from memory, I'm not certain if the time you leave the field for OFAB is before or after the TD would be scored, since iirc both are supposed to happen at the end of the action.

The Finishing Touch
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:

You can't block - you have to move. If you fell over dodging to get to a thrall you'd still have to leave the pitch.

swilhelm73 wrote:

He runs off the pitch before the action ends - so no TD. The ball would be dropped in the endzone.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No he doesn't!

i had exaclty that scenario whith my vamp rolling OFAB, I ran the ball into the EZ and scored. As said before, in theory both actions happen at the same time, as soon as he crosses the line he scores, but also ends action, and leaves the pitch.

StarK
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

That is because of this difference from the board game:

(9) LRB (2.0 - p16) states that players only score a touch down
when they end their action in the end zone. In the game you
score as soon as you enter the endzone (standing) with the ball.

This is due to the way the program is designed and is unlikely to change soon.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Druzil wrote:
banana_fish900, I had the same issue trying to figure out how to use hypnogaze after the rule change. You need to select the skill and then throw a block like normal. the hypnogaze will be used instead of a block being made. Hypnogaze seems pretty pointless for vamps now, as most of the time, if you want them to lose their TZs just knock em down instead, since ST 4.

Thanks Druzil, I was wondering about that . . . I think for the most part you are right. It could have come in handy a couple of times though (trying to handle a treeman or mummy unassisted), but usually this comes up only if you need another vamp/thrall to get "through" this player. With AG4, vamps are much better off running away Smile
 Jump to: