32 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
onionking

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

"Trollwood is proud to present probably the first concession victory in this XFL, with some help from the ref ;D "

Let me guess: your opponent got the ref and prompty fouled you to death. Exact same thing happened to me except I sucked it up for the old 0-6 loss. humiliation here

{laf should have realized the losing coach would hardly post his cowardice or actually remembered coaches/teams duuhhh}

Last edited by onionking on Jun 30, 2006 - 01:08; edited 2 times in total
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I was the one who got the ref and fouled,crowdpushed and blocked my opponent into oblivion. At turn 4 he had suffered about 4 cas and apo was used when ha gave up. It was the smart thing to do, he wouldn't have had a team left otherwise Wink
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I felt pity on onionking and stopped fouling after turn 6 when he had 6 guys left. OK, I also wanted the SPP for my developing players and didnt want him to concede.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:
I felt pity on onionking and stopped fouling after turn 6 when he had 6 guys left. OK, I also wanted the SPP for my developing players and didnt want him to concede.

Such a gentleman... up 100+ ts and he stops fouling on T6... I hope my round one opponent is just as nice. Shocked
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I was up 36 in TS giving away 4 handicaps!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 halfway done.. i hope that more games will be played during this weekend.. and as always you can of course already play your round 2 matches if you have an eligable opponent yet

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, this XFL Dark Elves final line-up seems strangely familiar from somewhere ...

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, rumor has it the Savants game isnt finished yet. Something about a 2-2 tie at end of regulation, followed by a crash, and a failed dodge by tautology that caused the game to upload. Havent spoken to tautology or Pete, but there may be more to be played in the other semifinal.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2006 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed.

The winner of their match is undecided despite what it says in the group page.

Candlejack and I have discussed the matter and he has contacted Tautology and will talk to PeteW when he gets back from a holiday to work out a resolution.

still disliked all round!
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been decided: XFL Final - Blood Red Dragons vs. Sanguine Savants

Time: 13:00 BB Time Monday

Come see the rematch of the Ulthuan Invitational Final, which the Savants won in overtime - where the teams combined for 12 casualties. Look for some more BLOOD on Monday!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I got back from holiday and Taut and I hooked up the saved game. We played through the OT, but with 2 KOs in the Savants favour Taut couldn't do much to stop the grinding advance of the ST4 guarding darkies.

It was a good game and closely fought. And on to the final! Seems familiar.... :S

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2006 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well, I got back from holiday and Taut and I hooked up the saved game. We played through the OT, but with 2 KOs in the Savants favour Taut couldn't do much to stop the grinding advance of the ST4 guarding darkies.

[whine]
Well actually it was 2 KOs in the first turn, and 3 by the third, then another on a failed dodge in the fifth and another on a fireball in the sixth....
More important than that was the original 16 turns which included my Strip-Ball blitzer snaking a dodge and getting BH'd on his way to a 1die strip-ball blitz on the ball carrier and a double skulls on my ST4 witch's 2 dice block on the ball carrier, which had to be rerolled resulting in a 1 on the ensuing ball recovery.

Both of those could have easily swung this game the other way.

I'm sure that PeteW must have had some bad dice in there somewhere, but I have trouble remembering them ...
[/whine]

Good luck in the final PeteW, though you may have used it all up in our game Wink
 Jump to: