47 coaches online • Server time: 16:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flix

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

a player with:
MB and Piling on ST and/or 1 , ST+1 or/and 1
Claw and Fangs +2 and +2 ,or, +2 or +2
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What?
Could you run that by me again... slowly and comprehensible?
Shocked
I think I understand the basic question, but would like it rephrased anyway.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

i wanna know if a player with fangs and claw make +2 to amor AND injury or +2 to armor OR injury

the other question is an PO MB player with st 4 make
1. +5 to armor AND +1 injury
2. +4 AND +1
3. +5 OR +1
4. +4 OR +1
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw gives +2 on armour .. RSC give +2 on injury.. if a player has both, both applies.

A PO player with ST4 and MB makes either +4 or +1 on armour, depending on what you use (the client asks u if both could be used for breaking the armour) if you use MB to break the armour there is no modifier to the injury roll, if you use PO to break the armour you get +1 on the injury roll for MB.

Hope that made everything clear Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 2.0 pg 34
The following rules apply to all skills and all traits:
1. You can’t add bonuses from two or more skills/traits to modify an Armour or Injury roll.

Flix wrote:

the other question is an PO MB player with st 4 make
1. +5 to armor AND +1 injury
2. +4 AND +1
3. +5 OR +1
4. +4 OR +1

Case 1 and 3: not possible.
Case 2 and 4: were explain by Candlejack
Very Happy Cool
deneb
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

case 1 is also impossible because mb gice +1 to armour OR injury...

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys ! this looks like you havent pay much attencion to th main problam !!!!
on RLB it's dennied to use simultaniously more than one skill or trait, but the fact is :
one guy wit Fnsg+Claws+Pilling can use at once the 3 skills !!!! I think main question was trying to be answered by this way...
all injuries skills are used at the same time, but wouldn't be permited; So this is an important BUG !!!!! spacially important playing against Chaos that make that casualties probabilistic break compleatly.
that's all!
(I hope anybody that have read this wanna abuse of this error, this is not gentle...but whoocaaaaaares !!!)
MixX

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

But with the new Piling On you can still add the +1 to armour from Mighty Blow even if you're using Piling On to reroll, right? (just like you can use Accurate on a rerolled Pass attempt, etc)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, bear with me here. You can use any one skill you want to add to an armor roll. If you have (the old LRB 2) piling on and mighty blow, then you can use either one. If your armor roll was one short, then you have a bit of a dilemna. If you use piling on, you fall down. If you use mighty blow, you can't use it on injury rolls.

You cannot use both Claw AND Mighty Blow on the same armor roll. You have to pick one. Fortunately, in this case it is easy to choose, as claw is +2 and mighty blow can then be used on the injury roll.

All the above applies to injury rolls as well. You can't combine Mighty Blow and RSC to get a +3 on injury.

Now, there's the NEW (LRB 3.0) Piling On. It doesn't add to armor, but instead allows you to reroll your armor roll. This CAN be used with Claw OR Mighty Blow. If you had Claw, Mighty Blow, Razor Sharp Claws, and Piling On (ie: your average Minotaur Wink ), then you could use a maximum of 3 of those 4 skills:
Claw (or MB, but claw is better in this scenario) on armor
Piling On to reroll armor if need be (with the same modifiers from claw, conveniently)
and RSC (or MB, but RSC is better in this scenario) on Injury.

This is neither gentle nor a bug, but rather a result of a developed player. If a player has gotten enough SPPs to get all these skills and took the murderous ones, he should be lethal and he is. It's not abuse, it's just a (much overused, IMHO) tactical choice of player advancement.

An elven thrower with the same skill rolls could be a completion machine with Strong Arm, Nerves of Steel, Accurate, and Safe Throw who makes long bombs that are almost always on target and are nearly impossible to pick off no matter how many be-tentacled horrors may be trying to throw him to the ground. Is that a bug or just a damn fine player?

Hope this clears this up and welcome aboard Gonzalillo.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an LRB 3.0 question on this topic...

Say you have PO and MB and you are attacking a player with av8.

Is MB available for the first and second armor roll?

For example, let's say you roll a 6 and since you have PO selected you roll again and get an 8. I presume this second roll would then break armor, right?

What if instead you roll an 8 first and choose to use PO instead of MB and then roll a 6, I presume your MB is wasted (6+1), and you do not break armor, right - you don't get to take that original 8 and add MB to it after all?
MorgluM

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:
Here's an LRB 3.0 question on this topic...

Say you have PO and MB and you are attacking a player with av8.

Is MB available for the first and second armor roll?

For example, let's say you roll a 6 and since you have PO selected you roll again and get an 8. I presume this second roll would then break armor, right?

What if instead you roll an 8 first and choose to use PO instead of MB and then roll a 6, I presume your MB is wasted (6+1), and you do not break armor, right - you don't get to take that original 8 and add MB to it after all?
I think you're right. Once you have rerolled something you cant go back. It was up to you to think twice and calculate that the odds of getting 9+ on that reroll were low enough (10/36).
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you rolled an 8, why would you reroll it? You just broke armor without MB and can use it on INJ

Ok, you can choose to use a skill after the roll. So, it goes like this:
1. Roll for armor. Get a 6 or less.
2. Decide whether or not to use Mighty Blow or Piling On. Mighty blow won't help here, so don't use it.
3. Use Piling On and ReRoll armor. Get a 7 and use Mighty Blow.
4. Roll for INJ as normal

OR

3. Use Piling On and ReRoll the armor. Get a 8 or higher and don't use Mighty Blow.
4. Roll for INJ and add Mighty Blow

OR

3. Use Piling On and blow it anyway with a 6 or less again.
4. Fall down and cry.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo you should be aware they were discussing an AV8 player which means you must get a 9 (or an 8 with MB) to break armor.
 Jump to: