59 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

lol
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I'll lie and do whatever takes my fancy at the time...usually chasing the ball but...

That would defeat the whole purpose of this idea, and generally give you even more peeved opponents.

Quote:
no i dont like it. i sometimes go 3 weeks without throwing an undeserved/tactical foul and some days i foul every turn possible in every game i play (like yesturday and today cause ive been a bit frustrated with the "Dice") so it really doesnt work

You could always change your foul preference, before the game, if you really change your mind alot on this...

Quote:
Doesnt it say in the rules that no discussion of they way you are going to play is allowed before a match? Im sure this counts as that.

Can you point me to the exact section of the rules that covers this? I went looking a bit, but I couldn't find the section in question.

Quote:
It will take game-dodging to a whole new dimension. I´m now getting games refused "because you have a MB (on the ogre) and 2 tackles".

Hmm, I though I was the only one to have a game turned down because I had players with tackle. Smile Anyway, if the choice is people being pickier about the games they choose, and people playing games that are no fun for them, I'd say the former is the better way to go.

People who don't want to face killer teams already avoid them when they see their rosters or CAS stats, or teams they think are overpowered, etc.
--

And again the number of complaints and countercomplaints we see seems to me to be a problem. I'm not concerned about fouling itself, I'm concerned about the fact that this issue seems to cause less enjoyment of the game for many people on FUMBBL.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

About arranged games ( or agreements about games ) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules First line under starting matches "Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events."
i think that this "idea" clearly is against this rule
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
About arranged games ( or agreements about games ) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules First line under starting matches "Do not discuss or agree on in-game strategy before the game is started. This includes agreeing on not fouling or any other type of in-game events."
i think that this "idea" clearly is against this rule

I dont see it this way at all. What I put in a team bio would only be an indicator of style of play. It in no way limits my options during a game.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

When/if the new statistics in the client is integrated into fumbbl everyone will be be able to see clearly how many fouls the players of a team has committed. I think anything that gives coaches a reason to dodge games is bad for the community though. It's hard enough to get game in faction as it is.

Your idea will force people to click in the "nice" box to get games. As long as people will follow their box choice fouling will be more or less vanish from the community.
Of course it's nice to play against a player that never fouls, on the other hand it would be even nicer to play against a player that doesn't even block, or have a one turner, or pass, or make GFI. The things is that the game won't be as fun if you gradually take away parts of the game. Some people seem to think that a perfect game would be that it always ended 4-4 without cas. You know what? Create a tournament where you set all games to ends this way, I'm sure it will be loads of fun.
Barash

Post 7 Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

IvanTheCow wrote:
no i dont like it. i sometimes go 3 weeks without throwing an undeserved/tactical foul and some days i foul every turn possible in every game i play (like yesturday and today cause ive been a bit frustrated with the "Dice") so it really doesnt work

LOL Sure sure, IvanTheCow, I don't expect you to like this since you are a rampant + T8.

You fouled me in turn 8, since your dice were bad?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=180186
if 65% luck does frustrate you, I would like to see a game you play where your dice is less good then this.

And you have the best excuse I ever heard before to foul in turn 8 (you mailed me that remember?):
You wanted to SI or Kill my treemen with a T8 foul since it could be possible that my team will play one of your friends in the next game in a KO- tournament. I don't know who your friends are, but they first need to win at least 2 games to play against me, but sure there is a chance.

IvantheCow, maybe I get you off my ignorelist after all, since you are really really funny.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I fouled in turn 8 today. I was ticked over 5 minute set-ups every kick off... it was bloody stuntee leeg and the game took almost an hour and a half... ugh

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea and have put it in my teams bio's. Although a run of bad luck may cause me to go against this, but then again if my luck is that bad I wont break armor and I'll get sent off so perhaps not.

Oh dear I appear to be rambling, what was my point?
Oh yes, good idea, although I didn't put anything for tournament teams, don't wanna give too much away.