31 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
When someone asks you to let up on bashing them, how do you respond?
I take their players' health into account more then winning
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
I focus on scoring, and let up somewhat on unneeded bashing
46%
 46%  [ 103 ]
If they want me to let up they can hit concede
31%
 31%  [ 70 ]
Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the coaches!
18%
 18%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 221

kurre

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you cant beat them, BEAT them.
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you only concentrate on winning then bashing is a viable tactic for a bashing team. How do you think a bashing team is to win games? By outstanding ball handling plays? Bah. They win after they've done the dirty business. how do bashing teams develop players? Completions you say?(sometimes yes) Bah. Killing your opponents. So think this way when the score is tied 1-1 and its turn 7 of the second half and you've no chance to stop the orcs from getting to the end zone, thats when they go for extra spp's. Why? Are we malicious? maybe, but more over its good strategy, helps to win more games down the road. Fouling? Ya. Perfect for widdling your opponents players down. Risky yes, but the rewards are undeniable. If its a grudge match, 2half8 turn fouling is to be expected. And to make a final statement on fouling, I see it as a bashy team bonding exercise, as it adds to the team casulties and gives the bashy team that warm fuzzy feeling that can only be had by killing. If your getting maimed, stick it out or you better look to the concede button. If your a high tr...for better or worse I guess. Wink And for those who get offended by this, I heard someone say it best: "I'm not here to ensure the welfare of my opponent's players." - unknown
Jester1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I heard someone say it best: "I'm not here to ensure the welfare of my opponent's players." - unknown

True, but remember that the game is about having fun. You need to have respect for your opponent - if you're winning 7-0 and he's already had his team destroyed, you've already acheived what you need to. Letting up so he can have another game after you is just respect and courtesy. Any table top player would do it - some fumbblers forget there's a real person at a computer on the other side, who probably doesn't mind losing a match, but gets offending when you write off their team.

The worst I've had was in faction. I was playing lizzies, and the other coach was quite brutal and effective and we had a great game up till about 5th turn of the second half. Luck hadn't been with me, and then it just flew out the window. So I offered to concede to save the unprotected skinks, my opponent begged me to allow him to score the TD he was certain of getting the next round. I'm happy to do that - so I turn over my counter without doing anything - and then he proceeds to beat and seriously injure my skinks. Needless to say I didn't concede after someone was THAT scummy, but if that happened in table top, I'd take the orcish result and the other coach would have had two broken thumbs.... Alas in fumbbl your restricted to simply slagging the b*stard off and it's not nearly as satisfying and being in person.
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As grum said earlier setting game fixing is against the rules online here. And let me say there will be no situation where a bashing team is going to be up 7-0. Smile People shouldn't take this seriously anyways. Its a game so get over it. I've had it go against me and I get maimed, but I don't beg for mercy. When your getting thumped you try and thump back as best you can. Maybe you'll get lucky and dish him some pain. Insulting a coach is a different matter and that I never do. As you said there is a person there, but thats as far as I go to give respect to the other coach. I am not giving attacking the coach when I hurt his team. This is a game and I presume that the other coach has a life outside of blood bowl. If you get too personally attached to a slip of paper or a file on a computer you really need to relax. Losing isen't always fun I understand that but someone has too, and when your playing a game in which players die then your going to get burned once in a while too. C'est la vie. Smile
 Jump to: