55 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Although many feel the additions of handicaps in FUMBBL is a good thing, I gooat believe it's gonna cause serious issues with the Coach and team ranking calculations that Christer has set up. Since the handicaps are supposed to "even" the field between 2 teams with different TRs, they should also have an effect on the strengths of both teams.

Good luck Christer getting this one figured out.

Also good luck to those old old old teams with +300 TRs who have benn kept around forever. Can anyone say 4 handicap rolls ??
Mully
Primarch

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, unless a system is implemented to keep teams outside 20 TR playing eachother, it is a good thing. If people say a good coach can overcome half his team getting fouled out of the game, then he should be able to overcome these handi-caps.

All in all, they are a good idea, and I for one, am very glad they have been implemented.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 04:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We are working on updating the strength/ranking system to include handicap support. Just be patient.
whitey

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think many coaches will have trouble adapting to hadicaps, as the team strength that is used to judge teams removes missing players and cash. Their inclusion in TR i suppose is to promote the removal of injured players, and the purchase of new ones. However FUMBBL has imposed no penalties for keeping injured players and cash and people have grown used to this. See, look its happening already http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=176.
 Jump to: