38 coaches online • Server time: 14:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe wasn't me ....honest Very HappyVery Happy

yeah Freefragger should be commended for his resolve in playing on. I think you shuold alos be commended for your part too iasoncook pity about those other slackers
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are having difficulty in scheduling because your opponent doesn't ever seem to be available or just doesn't respond, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The round robin tournament is just about a month old and we still have two 2nd round games that haven't been played yet. I HATE to do this but I'm going to have to set a deadline for these round two games so that the league doesn't lose momentum waiting. If the games are not played by this Saturday night (Oct 25) then one team will have to forfeit. I'll choose at random unless presented with compelling evidence that one owner in particular has been inaccessible or non-responsive. C'mon guys, let's keep things moving!
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I resolved the forfeits for the two 2nd round games this morning in Chat. Temple de la Renommee forfeited to Keepers and Maggzester United forfeited to the Lustran Jaguars. Those teams will be able to make up games at the end of the tournament if they choose to.
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular's Ard'idas 'Angers win Division I! With victories over Nice "N" Fluffy, Evereska Archers and New Seth Minions, the 'Angers accumulated 9 points and emerged as the division champs. New Seth Minions, with 6 points and a 2-0-1 record await the results fromt the four remaining divisions to see if they can advance to the challenge round with the 'Angers. Congratulations go out to Jugular and good luck to Bardulf as waits on the results.
orgak

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

After one or two good weeks of play, the league slowed down considerably. I thought that once we got into the Elimination Round that things would move along but instead, I've had to force two first round forfeits after waiting well over a month for the games to be played.

Is anyone still interested in this league? It's come to a point where I fear we might need to abandon the league due to lack of interest. I have had a few comments to the opposite effect but want to hear from the rest of you. I will take a lack of response as an indication of apathy and disinterest.

I look forward to your responses.

Orgak
orgak

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've received enough feedback to indicate an interest in keeping the league going. We've finally progressed a bit with the with Elimination round and now have just two games to go. The Beardly Boulders eliminated my Sadist Sisters last night 2-1 with a turn 8 score to avoid heading to OT. Full Frontal was defeated 3-2 by Ard'idas 'Angers - kudos to Full frontal for managing to get the game to overtime with only 4 players on the field.

Based on this season's results I think a change in format is in order. Instead of the 4 team divisions, I'm envisioning setting up two divisions - North American and European with either a standard round robin or if we can get 8 teams or more teams per region, swiss style. Following the regular season, we'll have a playoff within the division and then finally a championship game between the division winners.

This should help solve one of the problems I think plague leagues - major time zone differences.

If you are interested in continuing next season please pm me by next weekend. You may play games with your team to bring them up to 6 games of experience. If possible try to schedule those games within the league but it's not a requirement. If you want to replace your team with a team with 6 or fewer games, that's fine too. Just pm me and then re-apply with the new team.

Good luck to the 3 remaining Elimination Round teams. I hope to hear from the rest of you by next weekend.
 Jump to: