17 coaches online • Server time: 05:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Say, is that a nod to Evo's famous Dark Elves on page 29 of the LRB? (Under Spiralling Expenses)

Yes, I think it is. Good spot!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
You take wrestle on an elven lino and at TR 100 you kick the hell outta every basher. They block you, you choose both down without injury, then you just stand up and run, while the slow and mighty BoBs and CWs can't do anything except being fouled or say bye bye while you go.

You choose both down without injury but since it wasn't a turnover, your guy on the ground might be fouled next. It's a decent skill, but not a gamebreaker.
Topper

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well first of all the blocker decide what result is chosen.
And if my opponent chooses block and doesn´t have the skill himself.....
Well I´d takethe turnover Wink
Wrestle is cool as a cage breaker yes, but not when he blocks as much as when you do.
Combine it with jump up and it´s decent.
However if you want to cage yourself it isn´t exactly the skill that wins you the match.
This means that a few selective players will take it, and can use it to great effect - like leap/stripball/wrestle.
That is a nasty wardancer.
Glorian_Underhill

Post 6 Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Now Frenzy for everyone of my Dwarfteam is something nicer.

Good thing about LRB 5 is that thick skull is much simplified. 8 thick Skull works, 9 not. No lucking on the roll, or on the contrary failing it every time.

Making a dauntless roll with your slayer. 2+ for a Black Orc, 3+ For a Troll/Oger, 4+ For the Treeman.

And the whole journeyman inducement stuff seems actually to work. Our league is quite young, 3 games for me but so far there is no real advantage that my dwarfs survive and the other players not. Before every match he is filled up to 11 and then get some players like chainsaw swinging loons. That Wood elf Rule of surviving the first 4 Games is a thing of the past.
moonglum

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of you are missing the point of wrestle. sure the elves could take it....but its also great to guarantee a knockdown on that annoying blodging elf. sure you don't roll armor but it sets up the foul nicely. Wrestle + Tackle = antiblodge. think of it as an offensive not defensive skill, with that skill combo you are virtualy guaranteed to put the opposing pice on hte ground. Also note that if you use wrestle on the blitz you can standback up (with movement)
Grammaticus

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, I think I'd prefer a leap/strip-ball/juggernaut wardancer to a leap/strip-ball/wrestle one.. same effect only you don't end up prone.

Next, multiple block seems quite a bit more interesting, especially when combined with dauntless.. A st4 player just needs an assist and some 2+ to block two players with dauntless+MB.
falconeyed

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
fen wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Wrestle sucks. Worst new rule ever.

Apart from wrestle (which is a great skill but WAAAAAY unbalanced, the new rules sound quite good.

Sadly, it's just elfball, which I don't like.

Can you expand on this?

You take wrestle on an elven lino and at TR 100 you kick the hell outta every basher. They block you, you choose both down without injury, then you just stand up and run, while the slow and mighty BoBs and CWs can't do anything except being fouled or say bye bye while you go.

I haven't heard anyone that actually played the game agree with you. How many LRB5 games have you played and at with and against what teams at what TV?

Excellent question. I asked myself the same thing when I read this posting. Given the higher player turnover in LRB5, anything that can tend to limit casualties a bit is a good thing.
Excellence

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

moonglum wrote:
I think a lot of you are missing the point of wrestle. sure the elves could take it....but its also great to guarantee a knockdown on that annoying blodging elf. sure you don't roll armor but it sets up the foul nicely. Wrestle + Tackle = antiblodge. think of it as an offensive not defensive skill, with that skill combo you are virtualy guaranteed to put the opposing pice on hte ground. Also note that if you use wrestle on the blitz you can standback up (with movement)

Short version; no

Copied literally from the rulebook page 11, start of 2nd column:

"The only time a player can stand up is at the beginning of an Action at the cost of three squares from his movement..."

Since you've already thrown a block (and possibly moved as well), you wouldn't be "at the beginning of an Action" and would have to wait for the player's action in your next turn to begin, in order to stand him up.
Nice try though...
sehou

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for change and evolution. Inferior races got the boost they needed. Vamps are viable. With Wrestle and Gaze, nothing will stop a Vamp from getting to the ball Smile. Necros look sexy indeed, losing Catch for Regen on WW had me pass out in pleasure. Wrestle is interesting per se, hope to try it sometime. Safe Throw: well nerfed. Stand Firm: maybe too much nerfed? Loner is excellent, as it allows to consider playing the Biggy(w/doubles skill) somewhere before the end of turn. DE are now more of a running team, again, hourah for change and variety. And what about all those crazy star players??? :0 Journeymen are a good add up, no more undermanned chainsaw massacre. And Igor... rules. Christer, take a 6 month leave of absence from work. And all yousods here, chip in 5$ each so he can work on it w/stress, AIGHT?
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sehou, the abbreviation for "without" is "w/o". that would be "w/o doubles skill" and "w/o stress". Otherwise, it just sounds like you're saying he needs to work WITH stress =P

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Say, is that a nod to Evo's famous Dark Elves on page 29 of the LRB? (Under Spiralling Expenses)

I added that in after getting Evo's permission. Seemed the perfect spot for a shout out to FUMBBL.

Galak
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
pac wrote:
CorporateSlave3 wrote:

I added that in after getting Evo's permission. Seemed the perfect spot for a shout out to FUMBBL.

Galak

and honestly, it was cool and fun!

For wrestle, I'll see. But I foresse many tactics renewal, until the top combinations are found.

BTW, how comes that when a LRB thread comes up, people activate other LRB threads as well.