22 coaches online • Server time: 08:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which of the following articles would you like to see in GLN Issue #9?
How to defend against one-turners (inc chain-pushes)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
How to play (and survive!) against multiple DP teams
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
Differences in strategy between the four elf teams
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
How to break cages
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
How to stop a developed Orc team
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Chaos strategy (Non-Claw/RSC)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Advanced on-pitch strategy article
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Something else that was posted but wasn't in this poll!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Tophat

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Tophat wrote:
pac wrote:
Tophat wrote:
Elfs , would be useful to get any tips I can Razz

Careful - I might ask you to write it! Very Happy

Who told you I could right ...im Illatearat

Don't worry: our editing staff can handle these details. For example:

Tophat wrote:
Who told you I could write? I'm illiterate!

Wow it makes it look liek I can spell

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Perhaps subtle differences between the Elven races (i.e. different skill progressions, different play styles) might be an interesting article, I seem to try and play them all in the same way, with little success. Might be that I should be attempting to play them all in the same kind of way and suck at it of course! Wink

I think there must be something in this , whne i first started here i played a high elf team , and i did okay , then i started my elfs and played them for a lot of games , then when i went back to high elves i just couldnt get the hang of them . i think i must of just been off kilter with the high elves and too much playing in the style of the pro elfs . When i switched back to elfs agains I quickly managed to get a sembelance of being able to play the game again .

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How to win against well developed elves with orcs/chaos - if it's ~impossible, then the article could tell how you should develope your team to make it possible.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think some general Advanced Bloodbowl Theory Articles would be good.

What I mean is something similar to the chess articles you see in the national press, where they either take an interesting set-up and discuss the different moves that COULD be made (e.g. what is the best blitz from this position etc...where the answer isn't obvious, but there are several attractive options) or take great matches and discuss why the moves that were made were so good (from a tactical perspective not just cos the 1/36 block actually came off... E.g. moving the blitzer to this square doesn't look important, but it allowed for the offense's push to be stopped 2 turns later and was actually the move of the half).

I think my game is reasonable at the moment (although some may disagree with my current CR!) but I'm really struggling to make the leap to the next level. I think this type of discussion or article would be of great benefit to my game.

I find that a lot of the general advice that is found on this site and the web in general for bloodbowl is just a bit vague and almost designed for newbies so it would be nice to see more aimed at medium to advanced players.

Also I reckon a discussion on the various kicking set-ups would be good by race, especially if it could refer to specific positional placement as again most of the articles just say that the standard 3-4-4 is good, but when you have positionals available sometiimes I feel there may be better options and I am not always clear on the best place for these players considering the team available.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The best to write the human article would be Sideshowbow, he has the most succesful team in the grand Swedish league and that league has no tr cap and no cap on bashiness (multiple dp:s are rule rather than exception). Despite this he still has one of the best teams after 15 seasons and he really suck at rolling doubles and stats too!

What I would want to read most would be a discussion of delaying TD:s as long as possible against a team bashier than your own.

But I'd love to read a human article by Sideshowbob, he made really nice writeups every week in the Swedish stable league where he analysed matchups.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'll have to call a halt here, as there are already far too many suggestions to fit in one poll!

Please feel free to continue posting though - if this idea works well, I'm sure we may well use it again in the future to get suggestions for more articles: they just won't get into <i>this</i> poll.

I'll now go back over the thread and (arbitrarily Smile) pick out six or seven ideas to put in the poll.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Poll now added!</b>

If I missed out your favourite, please post and I'll try to include it right at the top should we have another poll like this in the future.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

*Bump* again - because it got knocked off the Recent Forum Topics in a blink last time.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PS - The poll will be open for one week.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Another *bump* for this - because we've only had 19 votes! There were more <i>posts</i> than that!
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

One more day to vote in - it looks like I'll be looking for an expert on playing against DP …
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a fouling article it is then!

Er, I mean, a 'defence against fouling' article.

(Does this means we can't use 'the best defence is a good offence' as the theme then?)

Anyway, if we decide to do this again, I'll keep the three next most successful options and put them on the next poll, along with any new suggestions. For now, I'm off to find an expert in being fouled who can write this thing …

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Webbe

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Something important to consider in the article -- ni vague terms, the ways of defending against fouls are probably similar, but they may start to differ quite a bit with different races, and at different ratings (due to the kinds of skills the players on each team will have). I'm certainly no expert when it comes to fouls, but I can see how there are differences for different teams.

Jump to: