31 coaches online • Server time: 02:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Did you know about FUMBBL SMACK before reading this post?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 152 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 108 ]
Total Votes : 260

EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

After a brief hiatus, FUMBBL SMACK is back in action.

Like to use your [R] team in a tournament?
FUMBBL SMACK is one of FUMBBL's Official Tournaments for [R] teams.

Like quick tournaments?
FUMBBL SMACK uses Quick Start Rules.

Like to prove your not a cherry picker?
FUMBBL SMACK uses TR Classes to create even match-ups.

Like to see your Fun Factor increase?
FUMBBL SMACK promises enough mayhem that you are bound to enjoy yourself.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Hard-wired for Altruism?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL SMACK (and other Ranked tournaments, including the upcoming Grotty Little Tournament) are currently looking for an active, experienced Australian community member to start and oversee SMACK tournaments in the afternoon/evening (in their respective time zone).

Users on PST (US, Canada) may also apply.

Would you consider yourself available, experienced and responsible enough? Contact an admin to submit your application.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Smack Begins:

Say 'Aye' if you have a qualified team with the correct TR and the time to play 2 FULL games, including OT. Also that you understand and accept the rules of smack, and accept me as the sole arbiter in all things related to this smack, and will IRC Pm me if anything odd occurs....

people requested some cut and paste smack adverts so here they are.

Step 1: Cut and Paste the desired advert

Step 2: Replace XXX with the correct information

Step 3: Pray Mezir, Synn and/or Texan dont want in.

Smacks in all classes to suit the masses. Join #fumbblsmack for 8 team instant Ranked tourney action, 2 game commitment needed. No matter the team rating there is a smack to fit your team. Currently a XXX (thas TR XXX-XXX) smack is looking for coaches to add to the XXX we already have. So dont be slack, have a smack!

Are YOU the next smack Daddy? XXX Smack is recruiting now. Thats TR XXX-XXX. XXX coaches are ready, willing and able. Dare you put your team on the table? join #fumbblsmack and win the +1ff prize.

We don't need another Hero, we just need to know the waaay home. Well actually Tina, I'm already home and do need XXX Heroic coaches to join #fumbblsmack for the XXX level smack that is trying to happen. Thats TR XXX-XXX, and a 2 game commitment. Does you team fit? Then bring it to fumbbls very own thunderdome, #fumbblsmack

XXX level smack action. TR XXX-XXX and a 2 game commitment is all that is required. XXX coaches stand ready to battle. join #fumbblsmack and decrease the peace.

Check yourself my brudda. All de kidz iz crazy for da nu Smack action. Its the main attraction. XXX level smack iz recruiting now. TR XXX-XXX and 2 games must be played if ya winz da first. Are you king of da hood? make it understood. join #fumbblsmack and show the XXX coaches waiting on it fillin, that you is chillin. You iz Down? Then make them frown. +1ff to the winner. Do you have da mad skillz?

Join #fumbblsmack for XXX level smack starting real soon. Bring a team TR XXX-XXX and the time to play 2 games if you win the first. XXX coaches ready to greet you, all noobs with soft teams and happy go lucky attitudes. (may not be entirely true)

Have a Craic, play a smack! join #fumbblsmack for instant ranked tourney fun. 8 team KO, with 2 games now and final within 2 weeks. XXX level smack currently recruiting (TR XXX-XXX), with XXX coaches ready to go. So dont be slow, go Go GO!

Do you have what it takes? then bring it to #fumbblsmack , a XXX level(TR XXX-XXX) smack has XXX coaches and needs YOU to join and help make it happen. 8 team ranked tourney action. Be the main attraction. Make your mother proud.

OHHhhh, We're half way there, ohhOHH, living on a prayer. The XXX Smack is half full with 4 coaches, so join #fumbblsmack with a TR XXX-XXX team and fill one of the final places. 2 games back to back if you win the first and the final within 2 weeks. +1ff to the winner.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %02, %2006 - %21:%Dec; edited 5 times in total
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL SMACK Tournies:
Rookie TR 100
Experianced TR 101-125
Veteran TR 126-150
Pro TR 151-175
Elite TR 176-200
Legend TR 201+

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on %b %18, %2006 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite my losing record in SMACK tournies (and overall losing record), and most of my teams getting mauled in SMACKs (mainly due to my elves coming up against chaos or dwarves or chaos dwarves or synn, to name a few), SMACK tournies are great and can really boost your team to the next level.

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus, you meet many new and...fascinating coaches!

Don't drop the soap.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda got the impression that fumbbl smack was where the claw/rsc gang hung around loooking for elves to kill Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

No, that's called Ranked Wink

Don't drop the soap.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl smack is ranked without the ability to turn down the team killers Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
I kinda got the impression that fumbbl smack was where the claw/rsc gang hung around loooking for elves to kill Razz

Actually not so much. I have not faced many claw/rsc teams along the way and I never play with them. Not to say you won't encounter any, because you very well might...
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That is true. Fumbblsmacks give you a maximum of three game against 'whoever'.

And if your team can't stand that before returning to the safe R enviroment then probably better not to come.

BUT did you know the most successful Smack coach to date has NEVER had a DP in a smack and very rarely fouls?

Elves have won smacks and will do again.

You don't have to be killing, to be chilling in smackland.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well usually when i see a smack tournement advertised im in recovery mode at the time (im in recovery mode a lot of the time Razz ) , maybe sometime ill get the chance to play there Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

One can always hope.

Don't drop the soap.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2006 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In the interest of getting a few Oceanian timed Smacks going, I have created the following group:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3888

If you're in those timezones and keen to get involved in some smacks, chuck a placeholder team in that group, and it will be used as a "black book" to contact potential smackees if one is brewing, and also to try and organise smack times via group PM.